Issue while unzipping

Poor baby. Can it hear the other chicks chirping? Maybe it would be encouraging for it. It's hard to help when they are so tiny. I'd recommend raw egg yolk with honey if it's able to eat at all.
Yes, company is a good idea. I never leave a single chick alone in the incubator.

I'd give it until morning. Either S/he pulls through, or may pass.

But if you feel it's necessary, go ahead, & put her/him down.

When I have sticky chicks, as soon as I see a struggle, I assist.
Thank you. This is only my second time hatching and the first time, everything went so smoothly. Didn’t have to help any of them at all. So this is my first time experiencing anything like this. I have learned so much by posting this thread and while I regret not knowing how to help these babies, I feel confident to hatch in the future knowing what I know now.

Thank you. This is only my second time hatching and the first time, everything went so smoothly. Didn’t have to help any of them at all. So this is my first time experiencing anything like this. I have learned so much by posting this thread and while I regret not knowing how to help these babies, I feel confident to hatch in the future knowing what I know now.
You're welcome.

Please let us know how it goes.
The reason I didn’t bring it to the brooder earlier was because I was afraid it’s siblings would peck it to death… as I have heard that chickens can be carnivorous esp if there is a weaker one amongst them. I put it in the brooder after all and I left for a minute to use the bathroom and when I came back it was dead. Not sure what happened.

Back
Top Bottom