Issue with my Brinsea incubator

jenifern

Songster
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
I bought the new Ovation 28 advance incubator. It runs well but at hatch time I have now had 2 chicks who have had their wing sucked into the fan and blood sprayed everywhere. :( The chicks survived, but yikes!! I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I had an older Brinsea before this with no issues and am sort of regretting upgrading :( wondering if I can fashion up something to guard the fan better.

I bought the new Ovation 28 advance incubator. It runs well but at hatch time I have now had 2 chicks who have had their wing sucked into the fan and blood sprayed everywhere. :( The chicks survived, but yikes!! I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I had an older Brinsea before this with no issues and am sort of regretting upgrading :( wondering if I can fashion up something to guard the fan better.
I would call the company! :confused:

I would wrap a nylon stocking in place over the fan... or at least try, before the next hatch. :fl

I have sent an email to the supplier that I bought it from here in Canada, but maybe I should also bring it to the attention of Brinsea as well. I'll email them now.
Brinsea has such great customer support, and I can't imagine they designed it to do that... it must be missing a part

Call them and ask.

The supplier here in Canada promptly replied with a forwarded message to Brinsea asking if this is an issue they are aware of. I also emailed Brinsea directly and got a fast reply. They said the guard must be missing. However there are no additional parts in the box, and it appears that there is indeed a plastic cover over the fan which I have since emailed them a photo of just to make sure it all looks good. Waiting for the response. I'll post a pic of the fan below (can't sort out how to do it from my phone atm)

I think that because the fan is sucking inwards as opposed to blowing down it is creating the problem. In the mean time I have to lock down eggs and am trying to find some fine screen I can put over the fan some my Barnvelders don't end up in the same predicament as before.

The supplier here in Canada promptly replied with a forwarded message to Brinsea asking if this is an issue they are aware of. I also emailed Brinsea directly and got a fast reply. They said the guard must be missing. However there are no additional parts in the box, and it appears that there is indeed a plastic cover over the fan which I have since emailed them a photo of just to make sure it all looks good. Waiting for the response. I'll post a pic of the fan below (can't sort out how to do it from my phone atm)

I think that because the fan is sucking inwards as opposed to blowing down it is creating the problem. In the mean time I have to lock down eggs and am trying to find some fine screen I can put over the fan some my Barnvelders don't end up in the same predicament as before.
Use screen for windows.

20190430_171839.jpg

Does this look like a guard over the fan? :idunno

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom