Issues breathing in almost 10 year old hen

Pics
How would a vet rule out infection?

And from the last visit with Eddie we had X-rays done. The heart couldn’t be seen from three different angles but the lungs has the scar tissue in them.
I try to feel her breathes from underneath her, right by her keel bone. Sometimes I can feel rattling but other times I can’t. Can he really listen and tell if she is in heart failure? What would you assume that sounds like? And I guess her sneezing up liquid would point to some kind of liquid in the lungs?
I have no idea what that would sound like. The vet can best determine the course of testing and diagnostics to take. The vet should be able to do some testing to see if there's bacterial infection.

A heart that isn't functioning well will have numerous tell tale sounds that vets and doctors recognize. It's been described to me as "sloppy" and "whooshy" and irregular, kind of like a badly tuned engine. Blood oxygen levels would also be low due to the inefficiency of the heart.

We here at the lower levels of expertise recognize heart failure from lethargic behavior and outward symptoms such as the retention of fluids, the breath rattles, and the comb color changes.

Thank you for the information.

Eddie’s not doing good. Her crop barely digested overnight but she did have one poop that I will attach this morning. She also had a very normal poop over night. I offered her watermelon and salmon but she was not interested. I’m going to try scrambled eggs next. She doesn’t care much for her food or water.
Her eyes are closed somewhat. She got some steam and a nebulizer session last night and will get one this morning.

Attachments

• DD0F7BFB-9DAF-4BA0-A482-E83C449D7B2E.jpeg
    DD0F7BFB-9DAF-4BA0-A482-E83C449D7B2E.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 3
Well I went to the vet and they never scheduled my appointment. I truly feel sick to my stomach. I’m worried Eddie will not make it to the next 24 hours and the soonest they could get me in is Thursday at 8:00 am. Eddie is not doing well. Since the vet is out I’m desperate. What diuretic could I pick up at the store now?

The ones at the store were solid pills so I got the Walgreens brand soft gel. They still have the active ingredient of pamabrom 50 mg

Attachments

• 1AD19C18-34B5-45C2-9718-6E1B3C4B9CC7.jpeg
    1AD19C18-34B5-45C2-9718-6E1B3C4B9CC7.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom