It’s welcoming me, even though I am not new

SpotTheCat

Herding cats
Jan 19, 2021
UK
This is appearing at the bottom of the front page, just under the new threads thing
70C8DA45-BDA0-4A99-808C-B634792D24B8.jpeg

Glad you noticed!!!!

That's something we've been experimenting with for all visitors to BYC... old and new.

We specifically put it at the bottom of the homepage and also included the text: "... if you're new..." to clarify who the section was *mostly* for (even tho some old-timers may still want to see it ;).

That said, we will also experiment with only showing it to non-registered guests.

I can set it to show for various user-groups. For example, it started out showing to all members, then I set it to only show to non-members/guests.

I'm toying with the idea of either showing it to all peeps (guests and members) and keeping it at the bottom, or maybe keeping it to guests-only and moving it up between the featured content and the recent / active threads.

Thoughts?

I can set it to show for various user-groups. For example, it started out showing to all members, then I set it to only show to non-members/guests.

I'm toying with the idea of either showing it to all peeps (guests and members) and keeping it at the bottom, or maybe keeping it to guests-only and moving it up between the featured content and the recent / active threads.

Thoughts?
Could it go on the bottom for everyone but have a way of disabling it?

Thoughts?
Maybe you should show it to everyone. Some newer members could probably benefit from it.

Back
Top Bottom