It Happened Again!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by tomato lady, Jun 18, 2009.

1. tomato lady

tomato lady Songster

May 18, 2009
    Eatonville, WA
    More chicks! Just when I swore I was done buying chicks, I stopped at the feed store again. They still had some Golden Comets and I have heard so many good things about them. They were 2 weeks old already (same as the two I already had) so I got four more. I will give a couple to my son-in-law when they get older. I did tell him that I would raise a few chicks for him.

One of the Silver Lacy Wyandottes I bought a couple of weeks ago was larger than the rest and had a very red comb growing already. I decided he was probably a roo, so I took him back. My grandaughter went with me. She said she wanted to replace him so we got two Golden Wyandottes.

Now it is a sure thing that I have to convert the old goat barn into a second coop. It is about 10 by 12 with a shed on one side that adds another 4 by 10 covered area. The main building has a cement floor but the shed area has a cement foundation and a dirt floor.

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

That's what you get for going to a feed store with chicks [​IMG] . You know we need pictures.

3. tomato lady

tomato lady Songster

May 18, 2009
    Eatonville, WA
    OK. Here is a pic of one of the Golden Comets. The others all have more markings on them, but this one is almost all one color.

[​IMG]

You can see that I just couldn't help myself.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  4. Lopiekitty

Lopiekitty In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2009
    Ya know...I am a "newbie" here but I am starting to think that chickens are like potato chips.....ya just can't have one....or 4....or 5. ENJOY them....they are so much FUN just to have around...I hardly EVER watch TV anymore. REALLY! (does this mean I need therapy?!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I just rehomed 10 chickens (gave them away) and bought 6.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!?????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: