It Happened Again!

tomato lady

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2009
Eatonville, WA
More chicks! Just when I swore I was done buying chicks, I stopped at the feed store again. They still had some Golden Comets and I have heard so many good things about them. They were 2 weeks old already (same as the two I already had) so I got four more. I will give a couple to my son-in-law when they get older. I did tell him that I would raise a few chicks for him.

One of the Silver Lacy Wyandottes I bought a couple of weeks ago was larger than the rest and had a very red comb growing already. I decided he was probably a roo, so I took him back. My grandaughter went with me. She said she wanted to replace him so we got two Golden Wyandottes.

Now it is a sure thing that I have to convert the old goat barn into a second coop. It is about 10 by 12 with a shed on one side that adds another 4 by 10 covered area. The main building has a cement floor but the shed area has a cement foundation and a dirt floor.

That's what you get for going to a feed store with chicks
lol.png
. You know we need pictures.

OK. Here is a pic of one of the Golden Comets. The others all have more markings on them, but this one is almost all one color.

31758_golden_comet.jpg

You can see that I just couldn't help myself.

Last edited:
Ya know...I am a "newbie" here but I am starting to think that chickens are like potato chips.....ya just can't have one....or 4....or 5. ENJOY them....they are so much FUN just to have around...I hardly EVER watch TV anymore. REALLY! (does this mean I need therapy?!)
barnie.gif
D.gif
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom