It happened, it happened! My first egg!

Quote:
That's what I guessed from your earlier post, and I thought it was an interesting comparison since we both have the same two breeds and I figured my Buff Orpington would be the last to lay, just like you were writing. I bet we have another week to go before my Ruby starts to lay, since she only just started squatting. I kind of worded it wrong in my earlier post and I accidentally sounded like I was surprised at what you wrote...guess I'm a little punchy from my Big Egg Day.
lau.gif

Amy

Wonderful news, It is such a happy sight when you find your first egg, no matter where they lay it. Then you realise that you do in fact have real chickens that lay real fresh eggs! hooray for you.
You may find that this egg popped out unexpectantly but with practise she will learn where the best spot is to lay. They usually lay out of sight of preds.
Congratulations.

And by the way, judging by your palm you will have a long life!!!any other palm readers out there????
maybe we should start a thread reading everyones palms!!!

Last edited:
Thank you, Bantymum! I found another little egg this morning, tan with white speckles at the top, laid on the floor in the coop. This is like Christmas every single day!

And I'm glad to hear I'll live a long time...
big_smile.png

Amy

Congratulations!! I know just what you mean, I grinned all DAY when we got our first egg (last week). It's SO exciting...now I can't wait to go check the nest box each day.

Quote:
I know, it's like a treasure hunt! For the last two days, I've gotten two eggs each day; I can't wait to see what happens when my other two girls start laying. I bought them some oyster shell as a ceremonial treat today...a rite of passage.
wink.png

Amy

Back
Top Bottom