It Happened ~ It Happened

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by beach livin', Dec 5, 2011.

1. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    One of my girls layed her first egg for me this morning. I was even considering not going to the coop becuase I was mad at them [​IMG]. But I went anyway and lifted the lid. I was lowering it back down and caught myself just staring at the egg. Almost like I was looking, but didnt see or believe it [​IMG]. But here is the "monster" egg I got, and keep in mind that it is being held by little 6 year old fingers. It is soooo tiny. I have it displayed proudly in my fridge [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. johnsons-r-us

johnsons-r-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Eudora, Kansas
    [​IMG]

It's so much fun to get eggs! [​IMG]

3. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    A monster indeed! [​IMG] Congratulations!!!!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    YEAH! That first egg is so cool! [​IMG]

6. chickencrazylady

chickencrazylady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2011
    Congrats to you!!!

I did the same thing this morning when I went out to open the door and let them into the run and feed them, I then went into the coop to clean out the water dish, I finished with that chore and gave the nesting boxes a quick look and feel and that when I found 2 eggs in one box, both the same size and colour. I was so eggcited that I came back into the house and woke my hubby and daughter up to show them! Can't wait until tomorrow now to see what other little eggs will be in the boxes!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by