It is day 13 and I candled just now.........

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvmychicknkids, May 19, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    and it was AWESOME!!!!! I started with 17 eggs. 2 were removed on day 6...they weren't fertile. 3 more were removed on day 11 and their development had stopped at what appeared about day 3 (and I had a temp spike that day). So, tonight when I looked, all 12 remaining eggs have happy, bouncy, active, babies inside. This was the first time I was actually able to see movement in my EE's eggs. Friday I stop turning. I should have taken pics tonight but reallly just wanted to get it done. I am getting so nervous!!!! I am scared to death they aren't going to make it out and these guys are so important to me (the last fertile eggs from my roo who was killed). I almost think I dread the hatch date....so much can go wrong!!!!

I need a drink!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Happy hatching!!! [​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thank you. [​IMG] Does one EVER get over being this nervous during a hatch????

4. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    LOL. I can't promise you they will all hatch, but I'm willing to bet at least ONE will. A rooster, I think. Relax lol. This was my first hatch, and now I have twenty nice dry babies, one wet one, one trying to get out, and 5 unhatched.

And I did about everything wrong, lol. Temp flucuated the entire time. Opened the bator 3 times during the last three days, helped chicks out of shells, all kinds of no-nos. And I still managed to hatch 21 of 27 and it's not even day 21 yet!!!

I had two that were wayyyyy behind in development, "outside row" babies, and I still believe they will hatch here in a few days.

So just chill and wait for your peeps, they'll come.

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL.....thank you!!!! Your story just did wonders for me!!!! [​IMG] If only one hatches, I really hope you actually made it be a boy!!!! I want one good little roo out of these babies. In a perfect world, I have 11 girls and one boy who will all hatch. LOL [​IMG] I am really glad your hatch went so well.

6. MaryT

MaryT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Elkton
    Good luck hope you get what you want!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by