It is legal where I live, but how loud are they?

Quote:
HALF AN ACRE! That would be huge. My lot is less than 1/8 acre, and so are many of my neighbor's lots. Many of the homes are 2-4 units. This is called "urban" in Vermont.
smile.png

Before I got chickens, I checked in with my immediate neighbors. I got 4 chicks. I told them what breeds I was planning to get, sent them pictures via email, and showed them examples of the chicken tractor I was planning to build. It's legal for me to have chickens, and I do give them eggs. My chickens are sometimes noisy (egg song) but they are not as loud as my neighbor's kids!

I haven't had negative reactions. There are 3 other households in the neighborhood (within 1 block) who are planning to get chickens, so I won't be the only one soon!

Quote:
Very suburban! I have neighbors on all sides, one hen sings (Elvis) during part of the day. And they will BAAAWWWK-BA-BA-BAAAAWWWKK! Quite a bit. After laying, and if something spooks them as well. So in my opinion....hens are not all that quiet. From down the street it sounds like a dying cat...

Oh no! The dying cat comparison has me worried now.

Back
Top Bottom