It never fails! My chooks frustrate me sometimes!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Oct 27, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Just as my chickens were coming out of their molt, I decided to go ahead and worm them.
    Wouldn't you know it, the day after I wormed them the egg count started climbing....3 eggs, then 4, now 5!

I am soon going to be overloaded in eggs and we can't eat them for two weeks!

I swear I hear snickering coming from the coop. [​IMG]

2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    You should have wormed them 2 weeks ago, think of all the eggs you would have saved up for Halloween night. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Well then u guess nows the best time to hatch the eggs! Right? [​IMG] Have some more birds to work (;
    Good For you for worming your birds! I have had some arguments lately about worming with some people older than me and "more experienced" at meetings ans such). But it makes me happy to hear when people do i!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I wormed them last year. I was going to skip this year, since everyone seemed happy and healthy enough. Then one girl started acting under the weather, so I wormed her immediately.
    Two days later I decided what the heck and wormed the rest. Should have waited till they all went to roost though. I'd worm one and they'd jump off the roost. DH had to stand there and keep track of who got wormed. When all else failed I sniffed their necks for the smell of the ivermectin. [​IMG]

5. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    I didn't worm mine, but, I did blend up some pumpkin seeds, was told that was a good wormer, not sure if it's true or not, but, it's 100%organic, this is good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by