It VIOLATED my space...Now it must go!!!!UPDATE!!HELP!!OMG????

the chattering probably was a coon, that is the noise I hear from them most, except when fighting or breeding. I do love how everytime you are scared, you do the important thing first, finish the cookie! Thanks for the early morning laugh, and glad all your birds are OK!

Quote:
We use live traps, then relocate them somewhere far off, just not close to anyone with livestock. Sorry, but that is cruel. Can't believe anybody would do that to an animal.

Quote:
We use live traps, then relocate them somewhere far off, just not close to anyone with livestock. Sorry, but that is cruel. Can't believe anybody would do that to an animal.

I do agree with you...it is cruel...but on another note...it would be cruel if they got my peeps...they wouldn't care if they got ahold of them and would feel no remorse and they'd be back for more if they didn't take them all the first time...I on the other hand...I would be devastated...(not to mention the money and time I have put into these peeps)I do agree with you that it is cruel...however....if they choose to hang out here....terrorize me and my chicks....if caught...I will do what is necessary....scaredy pants and all...I think!!! I live in a very rural area, and there are farmers all over the place....little farms, big farms, livestock everywhere...it is the way of living here, most depend on for income....I don't like the idea of transporting a problem to them...I agree that is the humane way....just transport and let go....live and let live.....but....therefore I would be allowing someone else to deal with what I am going through and I don't agree with that....there are lots of places for these predators to live and hunt, without invading my space!! I don't go out of my way to bother them, they need to just pass by quietly, we will have no issues....however....I am not going to wait and wake up to a massacre, if I can prevent it. I do feel my coop is very predator proof, but...there is always the chance and if I rehome, who is to say they won't come back...lurk and attack during free range day time...or I rehome..just to hear of someone losing thier birds to a coon or whatever...possibly something I rehomed....nope...I can't do that!!! I trully am sorry but, I have to stand my ground....I am sorry you feel the way you do, and don't like suggesting I am cruel....but it is what it is...and as I said...they would have no issues with cleaning out my flock, ripping them to shreds, beheading or gutting them...leaving me nothing but a trail of feathers....I am not a hunter (used to) and not big on killing....but....I will do what I have to....as I said....scaredy pants and all!!!! I don't want to be looked at as cruel....I am sorry you feel that way, I want no problems...just to keep my peeps safe!!!!

Dh says it's a coon. I had one break into my coop one night. They are strong little critters. It pulled a board loose from the coop that had connected the run to it and got thru.

Quote:

I do agree with you...it is cruel...but on another note...it would be cruel if they got my peeps...they wouldn't care if they got ahold of them and would feel no remorse and they'd be back for more if they didn't take them all the first time...I on the other hand...I would be devastated...(not to mention the money and time I have put into these peeps)I do agree with you that it is cruel...however....if they choose to hang out here....terrorize me and my chicks....if caught...I will do what is necessary....scaredy pants and all...I think!!! I live in a very rural area, and there are farmers all over the place....little farms, big farms, livestock everywhere...it is the way of living here, most depend on for income....I don't like the idea of transporting a problem to them...I agree that is the humane way....just transport and let go....live and let live.....but....therefore I would be allowing someone else to deal with what I am going through and I don't agree with that....there are lots of places for these predators to live and hunt, without invading my space!! I don't go out of my way to bother them, they need to just pass by quietly, we will have no issues....however....I am not going to wait and wake up to a massacre, if I can prevent it. I do feel my coop is very predator proof, but...there is always the chance and if I rehome, who is to say they won't come back...lurk and attack during free range day time...or I rehome..just to hear of someone losing thier birds to a coon or whatever...possibly something I rehomed....nope...I can't do that!!! I trully am sorry but, I have to stand my ground....I am sorry you feel the way you do, and don't like suggesting I am cruel....but it is what it is...and as I said...they would have no issues with cleaning out my flock, ripping them to shreds, beheading or gutting them...leaving me nothing but a trail of feathers....I am not a hunter (used to) and not big on killing....but....I will do what I have to....as I said....scaredy pants and all!!!! I don't want to be looked at as cruel....I am sorry you feel that way, I want no problems...just to keep my peeps safe!!!!

hide.gif
What a vision.... as the thick morning fog slowly floats across the quiet rural landscape, shadowlike shapes of buildings and fence posts slowly become recognisable. A ghostly figure clothed only in big girl panties, muck boots and a baseball bat at the ready stealthfully glides toward the chicken coop. After a brief hesitation and a barely audible inhale, a whisper of movement, the coop door slowly opens and fearful eyes strain to see into the gloom thru the narrow gap. Suddenly a movement, a loud flutter of feathers and the thud of small moving bodies , the door slams open, the ghostly figure screams, the bat goes flying, all accompanied by the sound of big girl panties hitting the cold muddy ground. Then silence, only broken by a chicken's cluck as it walks out to meet another glorious day of bug chasing
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

I agree with you definitelydeb a whole 150%!!!

Quote:
Oh my...I love it...you so crack me up!!! I have to say...I had this huge long post all typed up...just for you.....as I was so laughin' my butt off, however....for some reason it wouldn't load...and I lost it all...anyhoo.....not retyping.....sorry....but I so can enjoy and relate to your post!!! Ps...maybe we should write a novel together....you are good!!! Now...to get me a ball bat !!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!

GoodLuckCharlie! :

Quote:

I agree with you definitelydeb a whole 150%!!!​

That is great,
thumbsup.gif
I need all the support, I was second guessing myself and what my "intentions" were...I know I am not wrong....but..... I still have to do...what needs to be done!!! Have a great day and even better tomorrow!!!

Back
Top Bottom