It was NOT easy!...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Herding 22 Muscovy Ducklings to bed! I just swapped a friend 2 drakes for 6 babies(including 3 silvers!!) today so that brings my full count up to 22! [​IMG] I must be crazy...

You can bet your tail feathers they will be getting a new, bigger brooder built for them asap!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    what colors are those ducklings....I'm not well versed in colors not to mention Muscovy colors!!! I only get BBS ducklings but mostly blue and black [​IMG]

3. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    Oh my goodness! Look at all those cuties. What other breeds do you have in that little group of yours?

4. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    OMG they are so cute! I am such an old cranky person but nothing turns me in to a puddle faster than a baby duck...those babies are gorgeous...I don't have any 'scovies but I am looking...

5. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    Oh so cute all squished in there together! [​IMG]

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

They're all Pure Muscovy. Most are from my flock but i just picked up 6 babies yesterday from a friend of mine. she also has only Muscovies because she is totally against crossbreeding.

There is so many colors in there!

Chocolate
    Blacks
    Blues
    Blue Fawn
    Silvers (3)
    Self Blue (3)
    Lilac

The Silvers & Lilac came from my friends flock. I went to get the silvers and i let my sister pick out 3 more babies so she got 2 blues and 1 lilac. I am super excited for the silvers since i recently lost my favorite silver hen to a predator. Our Blue Fawn hen gave us some of the strngest marked babies this year, but they're just Adorable!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Awwww-I'm jealous. That is one box full 'o cute there! [​IMG]

8. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    do muscovy colors work like other duck color genetics?

9. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    More beautiful babies Bleenie! Just lovely! Have you caught your predator yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by