it worked , it worked, hahah

emjay

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
So, I have 5 welsh harlequins, two of which are drakes. They both have been a bit bold, they haven't gone for me , but, they've thought about it. Head down, neck fluffed up, coming towards me. Well, I did as I read here. I sat over them, one at a time, held their heads flat to the ground.

wow, what a difference. I can now pet them, pick them up, they come right up to me, they've been completely humbled. I'm so happy.

I knew I loved ducks for a reason, they are so gosh darn cute and so easy to negotiate with, haha.

Quote:
ep.gif
bow.gif

I read here in this duck topic area about this trick. can't remember what the topic title was though.

my ducks came close enough the otehr day that I was able to grab them. I just basically, had one leg over, or knelt over top of their back and had their neck fully outstretched and held their heads down. I held them like that for a few minutes. if they struggled, I held them longer until they relaxed.

They are so well mannered now, much improved.

thanks.

I was actually quite surprised at the difference it made. After doing that to the two drakes, even the girls were calmer, I can now pet them all, and pick them up if I wanted to.

I guess when you claim dominant role, they become submissive.

I do love my ducks. I really wish I had gotten them sooner.

Back
Top Bottom