Italian quail? Who has them and how do they compare?

DC, I LOVE SAND, it smells less, easier to clean and I'm not finding shavings stuck in weird places.
I ended up culling two males and now seem to have peace in the pens and actually got my first two eggs yesterday! They are yolk less but I read here that it is normal for the first eggs. Egg white omelette anyone? On another note, I swear the Tibetan smells worse then everyone else smh
I use it because I can just rake the top off and presto clean floor again. When it gets to where you can't clean the sand easily I use a dirt sieve to clean the sand out. It's just a 2'x3' rectangle made from 2x4 set on edge, then you staple 1/4" hardware cloth over the rectangle. Set it wire side up and toss the sand over it, it sifts out the all the poop and anything else that fell into the cage.

1f60a.png

Last edited:
Question for the golden people on here.
We are new to the quail business like less then 3 months,
Hatched out some jumbo brown from 2 differnt breeders.
Long story short we were at a exotic auction last weekend and the wife fell in love with these birds in the pic.
Please tell me what nationality we own.

I sexed the 2 with the darker brown around their eyes and they are males, the 4 hens are laying eggs in size of 12 to 13 grams, the hens weigh out at 197 up to 217 grams.

Any info would be helpful.

They are like unreal tame

Back
Top Bottom