It's 11:45pm. Why is my rooster crowing??

Quote:
Same here with the trains. I was talking on the phone via Skype with an out of state friend last summer, with the windows open. All of a sudden like he goes "chooo chooo" and I was like "huh?" and he says "I heard the train" and I go "what train?"
tongue.png
I've lived close to the RR tracks for my entire life
lol.png

My roosters usually only crow at night if something disturbs them. It could be nothing though. There is a different alarm call for trouble. However, if one crows, then every roo within hearing distance crows. So for example, if I go out late with a flashlight and wake mine up, he crows, then the neighbor's roo through the woods crows back --- I bet the neighbors have no idea why their dang rooster is crowing at 1am when I'm getting eggs late.
lol.png

Quote:
Same here with the trains. I was talking on the phone via Skype with an out of state friend last summer, with the windows open. All of a sudden like he goes "chooo chooo" and I was like "huh?" and he says "I heard the train" and I go "what train?"
tongue.png
I've lived close to the RR tracks for my entire life
lol.png

My roosters usually only crow at night if something disturbs them. It could be nothing though. There is a different alarm call for trouble. However, if one crows, then every roo within hearing distance crows. So for example, if I go out late with a flashlight and wake mine up, he crows, then the neighbor's roo through the woods crows back --- I bet the neighbors have no idea why their dang rooster is crowing at 1am when I'm getting eggs late.
lol.png

We were there for three weeks. I figured it out. It takes exactly 21 days to get used to it and be able to sleep through the night.

i live in a sub urban part of los angeles, and every night when i walk to my room (it's next to coop away from main house) they start... sometimes i try to stay in the living room until 3am so they don't start all early... then after my 5 OEGB roosters start crowing, my neighbor next door rooster's start... he has two OEGB and a OEG... then the neighbor next door to him has chickens and they start... about 7 OEGB roosters... so they go on for about 15 minutes or so... LOL...

what's worst is my neighbor has two cortunix cocks living in this huge outdoor aviary with his finches... it's right next to my room, and all night long i can hear them crowing... HAHHAHAHA... good times...

Quote:
How loud exactly is a Silkie roo? Cute image!

We have a silkie roo, and my neighbors didn't know I had a roo! He's just that quiet (he thinks he's loud!)

Funny thing is the neighborhood behind us has several roosters, and you can hear them louder and clearer then my Silkie. Its nice to hear everyone complaining about 'that darn rooster' and know its not mine!
smile.png

Quote:
How loud exactly is a Silkie roo? Cute image!

We have a silkie roo, and my neighbors didn't know I had a roo! He's just that quiet (he thinks he's loud!)

Funny thing is the neighborhood behind us has several roosters, and you can hear them louder and clearer then my Silkie. Its nice to hear everyone complaining about 'that darn rooster' and know its not mine!
smile.png

Not my Silkie, he's LOUD. Real loud! My "neighbor" who lives through the woods and on the next road down can hear him. Fortunately, he says he doesn't mind, but says he can hear him all day long. He's incredibly loud. I think he actually wore out his own voice at one point because for a while he was loudly crowing and then it would die off into a scratchy throat sound. It was funny, although I was a little worried for a while that he might be sick. But he's back to normal now, crowing as loud as can be. The next nearest rooster is about a mile up on the next road, and I can vaguely hear him from the yard if I listen carefully. But I suspect my Silkie can hear him well and that's "the big competition" I think.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom