It's a good thing I have a clothesline...

Ha! They are beautiful.

Are you able to get them down if you need to? Im worried that they would just laugh at me form up there and I would have to climb up after them! Are they as easy to get to listen with a shake of food like chickens are?

Quote:
sometimes a grain can will work, if they are up there during the day. once they go to roost, they stay put.

they wont laugh. they are not gifted in the 'Understanding Humor' department. they are just goofy and don't even know it.

It was 81 degrees here today so I did like 7 loads of laundry and hung them to dry, they smelled sooooo good when I took them off and folded them. My blue slates started laying about 3 weeks ago yippee!

Quote:
Oh my God, that was so evil. It was about 30 degrees here and snowed ALL DAY
tongue.png

I know LOL!!! We had 3 inches of snow last week and then 80s this week. ALL of my fruit trees, daffodils, blueberries, and all are blooming and BEAUTIFUL! We've got fresh clean sheets dried on the line and sleeping with the attic fan on. Nothing better in the world!!!

let's hope when it's warm enough here, that the turkeys will not roost and poop on my laundry! or they will be looking pretty on a plate!

these girls should start laying in just a few weeks. they are almost 28 weeks old.
wee.gif

Quote:
it's like trying to move a sack of potatoes just flopping about.
they just hug the ground and do their best to imitate paper weights.

the Blues are beautiful! i have one that is DARK blue! she's gorgeous. and the Reds are so cute with their little beards.

kdcrws...don't worry, i am sure another varmint will be around. i'll make sure to display them. just for YOU!
wink.png

lau.gif
Cute! Yep, I'm definitely getting some more poults...though after this fall, I'm sure my husband would disagree...he called me outside one day while putting Christmas lights on the house, and had to point out turkey poo sitting on the roof of our house...I tried to blame it on geese flying overhead, but it didn't work
hide.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
what? a turkey pooped on your roof? noooo! it surely couldn't be true! only a goose could do something like that, and i for one take offense to the insinuation:tongue!

Back
Top Bottom