It's a Hardback Life (Book Chat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who doesn't love a good read every now and then... Or Every. Single. Day 📖

Book Suggestions, Book Chat, Favorite Authors, ECT...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic Starter Questions (or create your own topic starter):

How many books have you read in a year?

What type of books do you read?

Who's your favorite author?

What's the last book you read?

When is the last time you read?

Do you read on a device or read actual books?

**IF POSTING SPOILERS** Use the spoiler option in the thread so it doesn't ruin anyone's reading

The spoilers will look like this

Or they will look like this

Currently, I'm reading two books. One that I own, Les Miserables and one that I'm borrowing called Nicholas and Alexandra.

I enjoy non fiction books, but if I'm going to read fiction, the story better be incredibly strong and well written. For example, the Harry Potter series was genius, however, I could not get through the first chapter of Twilight.

Favorite author would be a toss up between Jane Austen (perhaps because I'm a romantic), the Bronte sisters and J.K. Rowling.

Last book I read was Throne of Glass. It was okay. I found myself not quite convinced the main character was as professional in their vocation as the book tried to convey.

I read actual books. Nothing wrong with a device, I just don't feel like paying for one and having to remember to charge it etc.

Currently, I'm reading two books. One that I own, Les Miserables and one that I'm borrowing called Nicholas and Alexandra.

I enjoy non fiction books, but if I'm going to read fiction, the story better be incredibly strong and well written. For example, the Harry Potter series was genius, however, I could not get through the first chapter of Twilight.

Favorite author would be a toss up between Jane Austen (perhaps because I'm a romantic), the Bronte sisters and J.K. Rowling.

Last book I read was Throne of Glass. It was okay. I found myself not quite convinced the main character was as professional in their vocation as the book tried to convey.

I read actual books. Nothing wrong with a device, I just don't feel like paying for one and having to remember to charge it etc.
I like my Kindle because it holds a ton of books so when I travel, I can just bring it and have access to a lot of books without using a ton of space in my bags.

I'll have to look into those books. I started reading Harry Potter, but stopped. I am thinking about reading them again though.

I love vampire books and sci fi books. Usually other ones I enjoy are mystery and suspense, but it has to be a good author.

I love real books best! I don’t have a kindle but As much time as I spend reading posts here I think I could enjoy that too.
I can’t say that I have a favorite author, I follow my interests and read non fiction a lot.
I love a good suspense novel, I was a Stephen King fan for years, still am I guess. I use the library because I’d go broke and the walls in the house would collapse if I had to buy everything I read! As it is I still have stacks everywhere!

I love real books best! I don’t have a kindle but As much time as I spend reading posts here I think I could enjoy that too.
I can’t say that I have a favorite author, I follow my interests and read non fiction a lot.
I love a good suspense novel, I was a Stephen King fan for years, still am I guess. I use the library because I’d go broke and the walls in the house would collapse if I had to buy everything I read! As it is I still have stacks everywhere!
That's why I like the Kindle because they have Kindle unlimited that you pay $9.99 for a month and you get unlimited books. You do have to return those books but I don't really mind that part.

Topic Starter Questions (or create your own topic starter):

How many books have you read in a year?

What type of books do you read?

Who's your favorite author?

What's the last book you read?

When is the last time you read?

Do you read on a device or read actual books?
This past year? Not many. Maybe fifty. :oops: I've been quite busy. I mostly read nonfiction, about neat historical events or people. Right now, I'm working on a stack mostly about physics. My favourite author is currently Simon Winchester. He has written many good books, but "The Perfectionists" is my favourite. I couldn't put it down.

The last book I read was "How To" by Randall Munroe. I'm a fan of his other books and his webcomic, xkcd (Absurd science humour? Count me in!) so I was excited to see this one was finally at my library.

This past year? Not many. Maybe fifty. :oops: I've been quite busy. I mostly read nonfiction, about neat historical events or people. Right now, I'm working on a stack mostly about physics. My favourite author is currently Simon Winchester. He has written many good books, but "The Perfectionists" is my favourite. I couldn't put it down.

The last book I read was "How To" by Randall Munroe. I'm a fan of his other books and his webcomic, xkcd (Absurd science humour? Count me in!) so I was excited to see this one was finally at my library.
Nice! I'm glad I have Kindle unlimited because I would've spent $400 on books just these past two months 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom