It's a Little Passed Due...Introduction

While greeting some awesome new members last week it occurred to me that I never actually introduced myself! I seem to have accidentally bypassed niceties and jumped right in to the vortex of knowledge stored here on BYC! View attachment 2036426

So my long overdue introduction. Hello, I'm Andrea, aka CluckNDoodle. View attachment 2036419

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had chickens as a little girl, just a few in my small childhood backyard. I would sit with them under our lemon tree and they would happily sit in my lap and chatter with me...fast forward many years, I had a long dry spell of poultry in my life while trying to convince my husband we needed chickens. Then my daughter finally got old enough to realize she had powers over her father like no other and we now have a happy little flock again!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We keep between 10-20 hens on our little acre. We currently have a flock of 12 hens, about 8 of which are permanent residence and our pets that will get to retire with us (this number goes up every year, I imagine eventually we'll be maxed out and just have a happy flock of old hens, lol). I love hatching chicks and we get many broody hens so I'm often growing out new pullets as well. There are currently 6 peeps in the brooder right now!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Currently we have, English Orpingtons, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Cuckoo Marans, Olive Eggers, Frosted Legbar, Whiting True Blue, Speckled Sussex, Easter Eggers, Bantam Cochin, Amberlink, and 6 Silkies in the brooder.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
If I'm honest, probably hatching the chicks, lol, but they're pets to us that supply the family with fresh eggs, fertilizer for the garden, and pest control.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy gardening, drawing, and hatching chicks!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My daughter has a Sun Conure, a Budgie, and a Canary. Our old Dobermans passed away and we're awaiting the perfect fur baby to walk into our lives again. Other than that, it's just the chickens!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Well, I've been here long enough to have saved countless emojis before there were plenty available to choose from and I already confessed to not introducing myself for more than a year so I guess that's it! lol View attachment 2036449

:welcome Belated welcome. Continue to enjoy and use BYC.

@CluckNDoodle Well in this case, a long overdue welcome to you then! :welcome

Hah! Thanks for being such an active, friendly member of the BYC community as it stands. So glad to get to know you and your flock better, however! Here's to many more posts and years and clucking good fun!
:lau

welcomeimage.png

View attachment 2036859 Thank you everyone for such a friendly and warm welcome!! View attachment 2036856
I was feeling a bit like that person that shows up and the party and nobody actually knows them. :lol: Whew, all better! I'm official now! LOL!
Great emojis. 🤩
Just an idea: Could you make an random article on communicating on BYC with special emojis? I love 💕 the group hugging 🤗 and the thank you with love 💓 .

Great emojis. 🤩
Just an idea: Could you make an random article on communicating on BYC with special emojis? I love 💕 the group hugging 🤗 and the thank you with love 💓 .

Sure, I would be happy to make an article for you sharing lots of emojis within it. As far as how, it's as simple as saving images or gifs and attaching the file. I'll share the article when I'm finished. :D

Back
Top Bottom