It's ALIVE! (But air cells have me very nervous)

Pencil marks looking down at incubator (I'm keeping clears in until day 12 just in case of slow development, but there's no way they will; the difference in candling is so stark):

One egg:

Two:

10 in the upper left is large and has a sharp corner, as you can see, and 21 mid right also takes that sharp corner.

Hardly "saddle like" with it being a sharp angle. :/

9 and 28 were candled for demonstration.

Last edited:
Ok so good news, you should have little to no trouble. Most of the air cells will merge, and be the right size when it comes to hatching. Just keep the humidity on the high side if I can recall I think that when the humidity is around 50-55 the air cells stays around the same. I say this because the air cell is about day 10-14 so you don't want it to get much bigger until the last week. I've had eggs that have been dipped from the top to the bottom and they have hatched out fine. Just keep a close eye on them.

That is good news! I'm prepared for the worst mentally, (I think), but it's nice to hear that these don't look horrible and have a chance!

Thank you so much for looking and calming my nerves. You're probably right that it'll only get scarier, but it's nice to know they're not all doomed. I feel so much guilt, it's just horrible. :(

I'll let you know how it goes later!

Ok, and usually this stuff happens because of dag on usps people thinking it's funny to shake up something that says fragile

They go into lockdown tomorrow, the air cells have grown SLIGHTLY in the last candling, though I'm not sure how repaired they ended up being. All 12 that were fertile and growing are STILL fertile and growing, so that's very good news. Here's to hoping for the best come Saturday, aka HATCH DAY!

I'll let you know!

Back
Top Bottom