It's all love...

JonnieN

Chirping
Jan 15, 2019
California
Hello,
I'm the proud mom of 8 beautiful, spoiled, funny, spectacular chickens. They have the run of our backyard and reward us with a nice weeded, bug free flower beds with lots of holes dug for dirt baths.

We brought our first 5 girls home when they were 2 days old. Their home for the first 3 months was in our guest bathroom. All I can say is "they sure do make a mess!". LOL. 5 were not enough I just need ed 3 more to love and the bathroom nursery started again! We have 2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Buff Orphington, 1 Brahma, 2 Cohchins, 1 Marin, 1 Ameicauna. I honestly would become a horde of these babies! I just love them...

The funny thing is, I honestly do have my girls as pets. I don't care for eggs. I give them away. My doctor loves them! She also tells me that they are great therapy for me. She doesn't even know the half of it.

I am really happy that I joined BYC because it's so hard to talk to others about my girls when they look at you with this "what ever or it's just a chicken look". Chickens do some of the funniest things and I want to talk about it! Even when my girls are sick I would like to have advice from people that have knowledge and truly care.

Have a truly wondrous day
Jonnie Diann

Attachments

• 20180920_182609.jpg
    20180920_182609.jpg
    853 KB · Views: 29
BYC-black-red-flower-yard 3.gif

hithere.gif
Wow, 3 months is a long time to keep chicks in the house! I booted my first batch out at 4 weeks. Now I have a coop that I designed so I'm able to brood chicks right outside inside the coop. Just in case case chicken math takes hold and you want to brood another batch, try this:
You Certainly Can Brood Chicks Outdoors
Integrating at 4 weeks old

I know exactly what you mean about "the look" other people give when you start talking about chickens. You are definitely in the right place now... we love chicken talk! And pictures too! You might enjoy reading this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/what-makes-a-crazy-chicken-lady-man.1285827/

Glad you decided to join us and best wishes with your flock!

Welcome to backyard chickens so glad you joined the flock! Backyard chickens is a very helpful site providing all you need to know you can ask questions and people will respond very fast or if you need help sexing your chickens. This is the place for everybody and you and lots of other people who haven't joined yet! Hope you enjoy this site as much as we all do! I love the picture of your chickens! Hope your flock is doing Awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom