Cycomiko

Songster
5 Years
May 27, 2017
Western Maryland
Wintertime broodiness! I don't get it, but what can I do but give them eggs? I'm now up to 5 full time broodies and I'm just going with it instead of breaking them (2 others hatched in late Dec and mid January). Many days the highs don't get above freezing. Living on a mountain, the snow is still 6 inches deep and more on the way. High winds and bitter windchill every week. Every one is a Svart Hona or a special mix of a Svart Hona. Would the timing of there birth effect when they do this? I feel like we have silkies. This is happening in 3 different coops. This breed is awesome. Outstanding mothers as well. Pic is 2 broodies the day before hatch, and another girl staring at me laying an egg while saying hi.
IMG_20210214_075708515-01.jpeg

I don't know the breed (we don't have them in my country) but they are beautiful.

You must be keeping them so well fed and happy that they think it's a good time to hatch you some chicks. 🥰

I don't know the breed (we don't have them in my country) but they are beautiful.

You must be keeping them so well fed and happy that they think it's a good time to hatch you some chicks. 🥰
Thanks, we do keep them healthy and feed them all non-gmo! They are so friendly.

Back
Top Bottom