Its been a long time

R@ndy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 20, 2009
Taneytown
I used to have chickens and loved them, in 2009 I had some life changing events and ended up with no chickens. It has taken a long time for me to get more chickens because it brought back to many painful memories...Well 3+ years has passed time to get over it........

I was at my local hardeware store this week and wouldnt you know they had chicks :) Its been 3+ years without my feathered friends and I couldnt help myself..

I bought 3 Rhode Island, 9 Australorp, 4 Back Star, 1 Light Brahma, 1 Buff Brahma, 6 Barred Rock and 6 Americana pullet chicks lol, lol, lol

I think these will make quite the start of a colorful laying flock :)

Welcome back and good luck with your new brood!
clap.gif

Thank you very much. I am very excited to be starting my laying flock.. I have to add Welsummers to the list lol, lol I ordered 12 chicks today
celebrate.gif

Wow, you really decided to dive right back into the experience with a big flock. I hope you have a great time with them.

It is a smart move for a hardware store to sell chicks. People will get the chicks, then buy all the supplies for building the coop from that hardware store.

lau.gif
and drive the wife crazy
ya.gif
Yes the Hardware store, Lowes and Whitmore Farms made out right good lol I redone the Coop out back so the run is 8 foot x 25 foot. I also converted 1/2 of my garage into 2 coops with 10 foot x 8 foot runs for each. I plan on using these for the Marans and Welsummers :)
celebrate.gif
I ordered and got on 4-08-13 lol
I almost for got I also got 6 SLW Pullets
I am helping by buddy build a coop and run this weekend and then Pick out him 6 pullets from the bunch

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my laying flock. The 4 Black Commercial, light and Buff Bahamas are 5 months and the rest are 4 months old :) One of my Black Commercial pullets just started to lay and by the looks of it the others they should start soon. In another month or so I should be getting plenty of chicken seeds..

All I am missing now is a couple incubators for the spring.. Long term goal is to slowly replace the layers with Wellsummers and non standard Marans

I have my Wellsummers in with them until I build their own place, 6 pullets and 3 Roos. I also have 10 Black/Blue Copper Marans 4 Blue and 4 Black pullets and 2 Blue Roos but they have their own pins

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom