Its day 21 and no signs ....

Amanda31

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
sad.png
Well day 21 is on me now, I have seen no movement in the eggs, no pips, cracks no sounds.
sad.png
I had a friend that has hatched out a few batches over the day I put them in lock down. We candled them and he thought that they should have been farther along development wise. So I guess I need to know how long I should let them go before I toss in the towel and maybe how much over the 21 days some of you have gone. I have kept track of the temps, once it hit 101 and could have been there for at most 30 min. but that was within the first week of putting them in the bator. If anything I have had a temp drift on the low side more than anything. For the most part the temps have stayed between 99.0 and 100.0, some drifts but always between 98.5 and 100.2.

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

When you do finish the hatch you need to check you temp to find out why it didn't hatch on the correct day.

Good luck.

To answer your specific question, I don't give up until day 25. Ever. (There's always been an egg or two or more left over from all of my hatches, so I will wait til day 25 before I shut down the 'bator on any unhatched eggs.)

I've had the very first egg wait until late day 22 to pip. And I didn't hear any peeping until mid-sfternoon that day, as well. By the next morning, most of the hatchlings had zipped through their eggs and were out! They hatched overnight and didn't even let me see 'em do so.

So don't give up yet.

Quote:
LOL no way..I bet there are a greater number of chicks hatched NOT on Day 21 than actually ON Day 21...

Amanda, relax and let nature takes it's course. I have had chicks hatch a full 24 days after I set them..
yippiechickie.gif

Also, I use the dry incubation method, I have a styrofoam incubator with an automatic turner and no fan. I set it at 101.5 and it stays there the entire time...

Sooner: No disrespect to you.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Day 22, 0600. Still nothing. Temp holding 99.9ish and 66% humidity.

Will definitely hold out until day 24 or 25 with high hopes. Thanks for all the encouragement !

Back
Top Bottom