Its Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momto3

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Northern Idaho
Hubby and I finished the coop today!!!! We converted part of our shed into a coop, it is 4ft deep x 6ft wide x 7ft tall and will house 5 girls. I plan on making their feeders tomorrow and doing some last minute little things then moving the girls in. I am SO excited. Heck I think I am more excited then they are. lol

One question. I need to put a roost in for them. They are roughly 6-7wks, how high should the roost be & made of what? Thanks. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
Congrats! My hubby and I converted our old wooden shed for our coop.
I'm no real sure what your supposed to do, but for our little ones I put the baby coop about 3 feet high, although I also built a little stairs out of bricks, cuz one chickie just couldn't master the jumping and flapping at the same time thing.
big_smile.png
It worked out well, took the bricks out once they could get up on the perch. I made it out of spare 2x2 and good thing, since they sometimes tried to flop over on their sides and sleep on the perch. It gave em a little more flopping room before they fall off. the next perch height I have at 4' and the highest is at 6' or 7' (2' from the top of the shed) the second highest is also a 2x2 (it goes across the shed to a shelf with their food dish) and the top is a 2x4 wide side up. now the girls all sleep up there, but the different levels sure did help em get used to hopping up and down.

Have fun getting em all moved in.

Back
Top Bottom