Its finally done...the coop that is, still working on the run!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ChickenCop, Apr 24, 2008.

1. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    12 x16
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It took just three days to put it up...but about a week for me to upload the pics..lol

Any questions or comments are appreciated!!!!!!![​IMG]

2. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Nice coop and a totally adorable chick in the last pic!!!!
    Ive been trying to figure out how to post pics since I joined!! Hey Attention deficite....... What was I saying?
    Oh yeah, Nice coop!!!!!

3. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Looks good!
    I like the way you did the sliding window. Very creative.
    The run looks like it will have plenty of room for your flock. Are you planning on covering it?

Jean

4. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

The chickens have been free ranging for about 3 months so im going to hold off on covering it but I am leaving that option open, the fence post are 6 ft tall so if i plan on covering it I will still be able to get under it without breaking my back.

My dad came up with the idea, said that my grandpa did the same with his windows in the old coop he use to have....

Guess I should have mentioned how much i got invested in the hen house.....Other than the screws, nails and the 1x8 boards framing up the sides (about 75 bucks (man screws are EXPENSIVE!!) the rest of the stuff was scraped up around the farm. The flooring is from some 8ft courthouse doors they were going to throw out, so i snagged them up....

5. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

You've done a wonderful job on the coop. Love the view from the inside! [​IMG] You've even put an edge around the door so it will open easily.
    Cute, cute girls! [​IMG] I'll bet their terrific helpers.

Carla

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Great job! The chickens look happy! [​IMG]

7. Moselle

Moselle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    I love the wide open space! Chicken heaven! What kind of fencing are you going to use?

8. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Did you use recycled materials to make your coop? It's huge!!! I need one like that. The set up inside is really nice. You have some great ideas!!

9. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    I really like the wooden branches / saplings uses for the roost and nest box ledger. Did you have to buy those or did you just harvest some the the woods?

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Beautiful, well-planned and executed interior. Wish mine were that roomy. Your birds look very healthy and happy. Good job.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by