It's Getting Cold Outside! Time to Knit!

2boys1homestead

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
Pewamo, MI
Any knitters in here?

With the cold weather coming on, I find myself eyeing my knitting drawer more and more. I finally broke down today and started making a new hat for myself. I'm hopefully gonna make a scarf to match!

Share your knitting projects with me! (Crocheters/hookers are okay to share too!)

Very nice :D I knit some fingerless gloved a few weeks ago. Basically I just knit a rectangle and sew it together, leaving a hole about 3/4 of the way up for the thumb, then sew the rest up. It's just about the only thing I can knit lol

Very nice
big_smile.png
I knit some fingerless gloved a few weeks ago. Basically I just knit a rectangle and sew it together, leaving a hole about 3/4 of the way up for the thumb, then sew the rest up. It's just about the only thing I can knit lol
I make fingerless gloves in the round. I haven't attempted fingers yet, but I don't really like gloves with fingers anyway. It just takes some practice. I have the same problem with crochet. It takes me a few minutes to get used to it and I still have a lot to learn.

Here's that hat I was talking about, I just finished it last night.

That is gorgeous! I have been crocheting for years but the one thing I can't do is hats. I can do animals, animal clothing, dolls, gloves, scarves, anything BUT hats. I will need to figure it out this year, or try knitting one. I want to learn how to do cable owls. Have you ever done one of those?

That is gorgeous! I have been crocheting for years but the one thing I can't do is hats. I can do animals, animal clothing, dolls, gloves, scarves, anything BUT hats. I will need to figure it out this year, or try knitting one. I want to learn how to do cable owls. Have you ever done one of those?
Thanks! I've never tried to make animals, I want to learn to crochet to do them properly. Right now I can only do single chain, double chain and scallops with help from youtube. This hat I knitted with 5 needles. I like DPN's better than cable needles. It's a lot of fun, you should learn!

Hi,
Your hat turned out great! I am a knitter, crocheter, tatter, quilter, et cetera, but I have not yet picked up my knitting needles this fall. I've got a baby quilt on the table all set to be quilted. I will have to finish that project before I start another.
smile.png

Hi,
Your hat turned out great! I am a knitter, crocheter, tatter, quilter, et cetera, but I have not yet picked up my knitting needles this fall. I've got a baby quilt on the table all set to be quilted. I will have to finish that project before I start another.
smile.png
I always have a ton of projects going. I usually pick them up when it suits me. I need to make another one of those hats soon though!

Back
Top Bottom