It's Getting Cold Outside! Time to Knit!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by 2boys1homestead, Oct 7, 2014.

1. 2boys1homestead

2boys1homestead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2014
    Pewamo, MI
    Any knitters in here?

With the cold weather coming on, I find myself eyeing my knitting drawer more and more. I finally broke down today and started making a new hat for myself. I'm hopefully gonna make a scarf to match!

Share your knitting projects with me! (Crocheters/hookers are okay to share too!)

2. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Ooh a new hat sounds wonderful. I crochet, but I want to learn how to knit well (I can't it a scarf but nothing round). What pattern are you using?

3. 2boys1homestead

Sep 30, 2014
    Pewamo, MI
    I'm knitting in the round right now. Here's the link to the pattern (it's on Ravelry) http://likepurlsoffastring.wordpress.com/pattern-downloads/

It's a nice looking hat so far. I'll post pictures once I finish it. It's a nice chocolate brown and orange.

4. 2boys1homestead

Sep 30, 2014
    Pewamo, MI
  5. Malibu99

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Very nice :D I knit some fingerless gloved a few weeks ago. Basically I just knit a rectangle and sew it together, leaving a hole about 3/4 of the way up for the thumb, then sew the rest up. It's just about the only thing I can knit lol

6. 2boys1homestead

Sep 30, 2014
    Pewamo, MI
    I make fingerless gloves in the round. I haven't attempted fingers yet, but I don't really like gloves with fingers anyway. It just takes some practice. I have the same problem with crochet. It takes me a few minutes to get used to it and I still have a lot to learn.

Here's that hat I was talking about, I just finished it last night.
    [​IMG]

7. Malibu99

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    That is gorgeous! I have been crocheting for years but the one thing I can't do is hats. I can do animals, animal clothing, dolls, gloves, scarves, anything BUT hats. I will need to figure it out this year, or try knitting one. I want to learn how to do cable owls. Have you ever done one of those?

8. 2boys1homestead

Sep 30, 2014
    Pewamo, MI
    Thanks! I've never tried to make animals, I want to learn to crochet to do them properly. Right now I can only do single chain, double chain and scallops with help from youtube. This hat I knitted with 5 needles. I like DPN's better than cable needles. It's a lot of fun, you should learn!

9. CherMoz

CherMoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    South Central Wisconsin
    Hi,
    Your hat turned out great! I am a knitter, crocheter, tatter, quilter, et cetera, but I have not yet picked up my knitting needles this fall. I've got a baby quilt on the table all set to be quilted. I will have to finish that project before I start another. [​IMG]

10. 2boys1homestead

Sep 30, 2014
    Pewamo, MI
    I always have a ton of projects going. I usually pick them up when it suits me. I need to make another one of those hats soon though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by