It's going to be one of those days....I can tell already.

They are all in bed, I'm still up at 3 am enjoying the piece and quiet. Today was one of those days that I really thought, I wonder how much I would have to pay someone to take them for a week and promise not to bring them home until said week was over. Towards dinner time and the time my husband gets home from work, they are tired and grumpy and my husband is finally starting to realize what a pain in the butt they can be sometimes. He did apologize for encouraging me to stay at home with them until they were all in school full days. Really? I have 3 more years of this
barnie.gif
In all seriousness, I do love them and they are my world, I'm just having a really hard time lately. My grandma passed away in March, she was my mom. My mother and I have never seen eye to eye and that's what made me cherish my grandma so much. I talk to my mom about once every two weeks and she sees my daughters about once every 3 months and lives 15 miles away. She could really care less about them, sad huh? I really don't have any good friends, they all ran away as fast as they could after my first was born. I have no one to vent to and it builds up. We don't have many young children out our way, mostly older farmers. We are miles from the nearest town and financially, don't have the money for me to drive if it's not necessary. I go to the store once every month or two to stock up on groceries and such, and then we make a monthly trip to Rural King or Big R to get feed. The girls and I spend almost all day every day outside, and they keep busy out there for the most part. But they have their days like today, that everyone hates each other and everything is a big fight. I need to build a cellar to throw them in when they are like that, just let them battle it out where I can't hear it. Let them out when they have established the pecking order. I'm sure the evil curly haired monster (my youngest) would win hands down.

On top of all the kid stress, there are the financial stresses that occur. I know everyone deals with them, and I'm no different. My husband works construction, building pole barns mostly, during the winter he works little, sometimes off for a few weeks at a time, then just small jobs. We spend the spring trying to catch up on everything that's behind, and are just now getting back to where we should be. We've been trying to sell our other house for 3 years now with no luck, because everyone in that town decided to sell their crappy houses for $20,000 less at the same time we were trying to sell a very nice house for a very modest amount just to get rid of the stupid thing.

Is it bad that I have emailed the school 4 times since the end of the school year trying to figure out what to do with my oldest who is going to miss the age cutoff by 27 days? No word yet, I'm thinking about driving to someone's house and bribing them. I think having 1 less will make a huge difference, just not sure I can stick it out another year without a brief stay in a padded cell with elective shock therapy.

And BrattishTaz, one of these days I'll be able to do those smilies I hope, unless my kids turn out like my brother and are still living at home at the ripe age of 24. Hope you enjoy your free time.

Where do I get the green llama or even the banana guy, Ebay?

The bad will pass, and you will remember the good. Do you have the yard all set up for the kids? I have put in a pool,trampoline,fire pit,pond,and tent. Bunch of water toys and ride ons. Lol,they still get bored sometimes.And yesterday the boys got in a fight,and took FOREVER to make up. I just smile and let it pass.

I was just sitting here and reading an email my mom sent me about a local crash by her.Crying for this family,and being thankful mine is OK.Every day we have with our families(good or bad) is a blessing isn't it? I try to remind myself of that when I get upset.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/193796/45/Lorain-County-Church-mourns-family-killed-in-crash

Sorry for the loss of your gandma,and how your mom is. Is there any kids you could have over for the summer? I bring a former co-workers son to my house every summer,so he and my kids can play together. Makes it so much easier than going daily somewhere to find a playmate.

Our yard sounds like yours! Trampoline, an old aluminum boat, a sandbox, a swing set, playhouse, and a little tykes playhouse with slides and such. Then they have their swimming pool and slip n slide and their Barbie jeep that works most of the time. Bicycles and tricycles, and rocks to climb on. Way too much stuff to mow around! I also had concrete poured in the old shed behind the house, so they can be outside even when it's raining. They have a little art studio with paints, markers, crayons, and all kinds of glitter and buttons to glue on. They still fight and whine, but I do appreciate every day I have them, and what a blessing they truly are. The accident is horrible, I hate to hear of anyone lost in a crash but to lose half of your family is sickening, and I cannot imagine losing a child.

I wish there were kids that were around my children's ages, but it seem being out in the country has its drawbacks. The closest in age is about 8 years old, and I'm sure most 8 year olds wouldn't have a lot of fun with a 4, 3, and nearly 2 year old. There aren't many families around here like there used to be. All the kids have grown and moved closer to town or to bigger cities where there are more jobs. Most are older folks, and a few families with graduating teenagers. It's really sad to think about what our little town will be like as the older folks pass on. We have an older couple about 1/2 mile west of us that raises clydesdales. They have one son who helps out now, but both are having a lot of health issues. I don't think the son will keep the horses, and it's going to be hard to find someone that can afford the house and land that will go up for sale. I'm going to miss the babies in the spring, they are so cute! When we moved here 3 years ago, they had 14, now they are down to three that get bred by an outside stud and the foals are gone as soon as they are weaned. They are very friendly and the girls and I like to walk down there to see them, but lately the weather has been so hot, it's hard to find the ambition to push a stroller and try to keep track of three kids on a road that everyone seems to think is a racetrack. We only have one dog, and when he's gone, he will be the last, it's just too dangerous. If they slip out of the fence, they don't stand a chance. I worry about the girls a lot, especially when I'm hanging out clothes and don't have my eye on them every second.

Back
Top Bottom