It's just the mail lady, DANG!!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I took a nap earlier. DH must have decided a nap was a good idea, because when I woke up he was asleep on the couch with his dog on the floor next to the couch. My dog was asleep just outside the bedroom door.
Everything was very quiet and I wanted to keep it that way so DH could rest. Quietly went to the kitchen for a glass of tea and then set down here in the office.
Suddenly the dogs started carrying on barking. One of the cats (Kitty, the neurotic one) went nuts trying to hide and ended up knocking a picture frame over. Not one, but all three roosters started crowing simultaneously - two right outside the living room window.
What is it about my animals and the mail lady?!?
barnie.gif

Everybody knows that mail people are evil, owner-killing, pet-eating demons ...
roll.png
hide.gif
lau.gif

Oh the years of barking on Friday mornings because of those evil trash stealing people. I can't say that I miss that part of that dog. On the other hand I finally disabled the doorbell so I have a ghost of a chance at getting to answer the door without having to introduce all the dogs to who ever is at the door.

What I hate the most is when they all go crazy in the middle of the night. I am fairly sure that the kitties are coming in the dog door, and looking for a warm place to sleep. I don't have a problem with them coming in unless they are noisy about it , and make the dogs bark.

And of course when the man comes home with all get excited. I swear the dogs are trying to convince him that I am very abusive to them. After all I only feed them crumby old 50$ a bag dog food, and I am very boring.

My dogs would absolutely lose their minds if we had trash pickup service. As it is the water meter guy has been close to losing his life so many times. My rooster stalks the meter reader every time. It's kinda funny to see a big guy jump out of his vehicle, read the meter and jump back in, with my rooster hot on his heels.

Last edited:
Quote:
THAT is hysterical! I can just see the Stealth Rooster tracking the poor guy down.

Back when I still had Cheeto the Ginormous Buff Orp, I had some landscaping guys over to look at my broken lawn mower. They had a high school kid with them who was trying to act all manly and tough. I totally forgot that Cheeto and his girls were out ranging until I heard little girly screams coming from the front yard. I ran around the corner to see the boy trying desperately to get over the picket fence and all the other landscape men on the ground laughing. Cheeto was in hot pursuit of the boy. Poor boy never lived that one down.
lol.png

Quote:
THAT is hysterical! I can just see the Stealth Rooster tracking the poor guy down.

Back when I still had Cheeto the Ginormous Buff Orp, I had some landscaping guys over to look at my broken lawn mower. They had a high school kid with them who was trying to act all manly and tough. I totally forgot that Cheeto and his girls were out ranging until I heard little girly screams coming from the front yard. I ran around the corner to see the boy trying desperately to get over the picket fence and all the other landscape men on the ground laughing. Cheeto was in hot pursuit of the boy. Poor boy never lived that one down.
lol.png

gig.gif

There's just something about this guy that animals hate. Thor has been stalking him since he was a chick (Thor, not the meter reader).

There is a Random Old Man that likes to stop by my place and talk chickens. (I can't seem to get a date, but I attract random old men like honey does bees!) Anyway, this guy is perplexed by my weird chickens. The silkies in particular seem to fascinate him most. He went into the banty pen with me once to help collect some eggs I was giving him to set. My buff silkie boy Basil came out of nowhere and started desperately flogging the man's ankles. He stopped dead in his tracks and said "What the heck is wrong with that one?". I told him that the little fuzzbutt was trying to protect his womenfolk and was attacking him. He was speechless. I guess he wasn't expecting to get attacked by a cotton ball. Now every time he comes by he goes in that pen to see if that rooster will attack him again. (Basil always does. The Random Old Man now picks him up and baby talks him a bit, much to Basil's everlasting disgust.)
tongue.png

Back to crazed dogs-
Mine prefer to bark at invisible things. We invite the meter man in for coffee and donuts apparently and show the cable guy where I keep the good silver. The pizza delivery man is deity. We occasionally rise to barking at the guys that steal the trash. Mainly though, we prefer to save our energy for bunnies and invisible things.
roll.png

I think the fact that the mail person LEAVES after the dogs go crazy barking -- reinforces a "we bark, and it goes away!" mentality to the dogs.
tongue.png

They just don't seem to catch on to the fact that he only leaves AFTER putting stuff in the mailbox, totally disregarding the dogs since they are behind the fence. lol

I'm not sure what the meter reader does since the electric one is inside the fence. If I'm home I just kindly bring the dogs in for him, but sometimes they are out while I'm gone to work so I dunno what goes on
hu.gif

They are slowly switching over to fancy electric ones that send the info in electronically, but we haven't gotten one yet.

Back
Top Bottom