Its like a toxic pregnancy...and I dont know what to do

Quote:
I did not know that corn was fattening. I will buy some tomorrow. She really likes fresh mozzerella cheese and scrambled eggs as well. I could do a mixture of all of those things. Would she be getting enough nutrients with that and some fresh veggies? You'd think she would gain weight, just sitting there, not lose it.

Quote:
Also wondering about the light thing. Why would more light be helpful? She eats the goodies just fine. She's actually quite a hog about the cheese and eggs, but still very bony.

you could try to slip her some chicks after only 10 days. I have heard that after they have set for awhile you can trade out the egs and they will just raise those chicks. At least it will be a shorter span of time sitting.

Quote:
Yes! That was an option! There is a poultry swap that I am going to on the 23rd, so maybe I can get her a chickie or two there. Unless one of the eggs she's sitting on starts to develop, then id like her to hatch, since I have to get rid of my roo and would love to try to keep his legacy alive.

Oh, im all over the place with decisions on this girl! I can't figure out what I want to do. At least SHE knows what she wants!

Quote:
Also wondering about the light thing. Why would more light be helpful? She eats the goodies just fine. She's actually quite a hog about the cheese and eggs, but still very bony.

Sometimes light seems to stimulate my broodies into eating. I *think* it has something to do with stimulating her hunger (leaving the "dark" nest, going into the "light" to eat).

You might try worming your girl if she eats well and is still bony.

Back
Top Bottom