It's my birthday-and I got some cool stuff!

FrizzleFreak

Songster
11 Years
Jan 3, 2009
Oregon, west of Portland
This is my first post on this part of the forum! Okay, so I have a thing for needle felting, crochet (and felting it!) and spinning. Today, I got about a pound total of all kinds of wool, in lots of pretty colors. I also got a drop spindle! I have been using my friend's spinning wheel, so this was nice. And I got a multiple needle felting tool, which will be great for my upcoming project! I'm taking a designer fabric with a big, bold pattern, and felting over it, which will make a neat wall hanging. Obviously, it would be handy to use a multi-needle tool.
Also, I got Storey's Illustrated Guide to Poultry. AKA, the pretty chicken book.
love.gif

Is there anybody else on here that needle felts? Or spins?

Happy Birthday:) I spin, knit, crotchet and used to macrame' and used to embroider, seems like I used to sew a lot, too...before the birds! My dogs and I enjoy hiking to gather muskox wool to spin. I prefer knitting up Icelandic wool sweaters, caps, mittens but also enjoy worsted weight type wool yarn, especially for socks. I have an Ashford Scholar, Mark II and someday would love to own a Schaacht double treadle "cadillac"
wink.png
I've got some alpaca, romney and muskox wool waiting to be spun up now...

Wow! Muskox wool? You can imagine how exotic that sounds to somebody in Oregon...mine's just merino and silk!
Yeah, my friend's isn't a Schaacht, forgot what it was, but it is a double treadle and about $600!
th.gif

Happy Birthday Frizzle,
It's my Birthday tomorrow...he he he I have chicks coming.

We are getting sheep in a few weeks and I would love to spin their wool, can you tell me a little bit about it, where do you find the equiptment, expense, what will I need?

I would love to be able to knit nicely, but Im absolutely rubbish!

Have a lovely Day....

thanks

Also snowy diamonds, where in Alaska are you?

Back
Top Bottom