It's not a big thing but I'm crying.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Aug 19, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I was just on Facebook and one of my sisters posted about how much she misses our mom; passed away in 1993. I don't know why but reading her post made me start to miss my Dad worse than ever. He's alive and well and living near that sistser in Florida.

I miss him so much right now. I wish I could live closer to him and see him more than every couple of years, but I can't. My home is here in Arkansas with my husband. Because this farm has always been in my husband's family and he intends to pass it down to his children some day we could never relocate to Florida.

I'm just so conflicted right now. He's my dad and my siblings stepfather. I feel like I should be the one down there taking care of him. He took a bad fall recently and all I could do was call to check on him afterwards. I tried to call him today just to tell him I miss him, but he's not home.

I'm just very sad and could use a cyber hug. [​IMG]

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    [​IMG]

5. Mystic Farms

Mystic Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

keep calling, you'll probably feel better after you hear his voice!

A prayer on it's way too

6. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is it possible for him and you to use Skype or some kind of "face-to-face" chat? That wouldn't be the same thing but it could help if you can see each other. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    [​IMG]

I'm so sorry, Gritty. I was really hoping that he would agree to move back to AR with you this time. I know you miss him terribly. [​IMG]

8. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] It's so tough when families live far apart, especially when it comes to ones children and ones aging parents. [​IMG]

9. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:[​IMG] Life can be so hard!!! Big hugs to you. Hope you can talk with your dad soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by