IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Quote:
I was actually going to transport the bator to our meeting place, that way I didn't have to get seprate permission slips for each visit and then when they hatched I was going to let Becca, my daughter in the troop, have a hatching "party" and invite all her friends because they really frown unpon you having the girls at your home. That I can understand but some of these rules are just off the wall stupid!
he.gif

Just a word of warning...the more you move the incubator around the more chance you're going to have of messing the temps and your hatch up.

Last edited:
I agree with marlinchaser. I am thinking the girls need to have an overnight party at your daughter's house, not the troop meeting. They can still earn badges on work done outside of the meeting place. As a group or not as a group.

They have to have rules for the "idiots" out there but I also agree, Juliet Lowe did not worry about salmonella. And she washed her pans in the creek water EWWWW...call the EPA!!!!

Not enough common sense and personal responsibility out there. It takes just one kid to have a tummy ache and some mother will call in her attorney. Sad comment on our society. Ought to be teaching them how to keep from getting salmonella even when they encounter it not isolating them from all risk.
Hey your daughter could make a video of the hatching process and include health safety information too. She could earn a badge for that and maybe the girls could for watching it. How about a badge for them including a project of some sort? Possible?
Good Luck;)

Last edited:
I think that will just have to be the way to go. It cannot be a official event. Well cookie season starts saturday, so this will have to wait until after that is over. My DH wants me to wait 2 months to start them so it will be warm outside for them to play, the chicks that is. But I also just learned yesterday reading a post that people put little chicks out in all weather, with a light. My spoiled chickens get 2 heat lamps and a oil heater. I am sure the coop it toasty even today when it is only 10 with a -5 windchill!

Back
Top Bottom