It's not going to work!!

I can tell you what's gonna happen when DH gets home. The minute he walks in the door, KiKi will throw herself at his feet and pull the dying siamese act (think Lady and The Tramp, after Lady got after the 2 meezers).
I'll assure him that she's been fed regularly today and forbid him to give her anything.
When I'm not looking, he'll sneak her some pork chop off his plate.

Quote:
Feed him a salad, Kiki won't beg for that
big_smile.png

I hear ya. In between a week or two at a time of not eating whatsoever, my Mojo kitty (the new adoptee from this summer) wants to eat every six minutes. He is too large and un-agile to try my *head* (that's what you get when you have a Siamese, gritsar <g>) but he likes to lay on both my arms as I sit at the computer, with his hindlegs on my right hand and his head on my left hand. This is a 12 lb cat doing this
tongue.png

Be strong, stick to your guns, she will get more used to it in time. (Er, *enough* time. I am not placing bets on when
tongue.png
)

Good luck, glad she's feeling good now,

Pat

If the feed you are giving her is comprised of mostly corn, she is begging for food because even though she got enough calories, she did not get the right nutrition. Taste of the Wild, Wellness Core, or Innova EVO are MUCH better. Cats are not designed to eat grains. It messes up their blood sugar and insulin levels. It causes excess hunger and leads to obesity and diabetes.

Last edited:
Quote:
And none of those foods are available around here. She's getting the very best food I can find, without having to drive an hour for it.
wink.png

Yes, it has some corn but no gluten.

Quote:
KiKi is the sixth siamese I've been owned by. What is it about them and their "beings" heads anyway????

I switched to the wholesome like you suggested gristar and let me say it has done wonders. She does seem to use the litter box just as much but the smell is gone and so is the diarrhea and she is starting to put weight on now. It was the only food I could find without gluten. I thought that was odd considering all the high end stuff out there.

Back
Top Bottom