Its officially on for the pheasants in Pa

Got my first egg from my swinhoe yesterday,but she must have stepped on it when she got off the nest.She is a very good bird that will set on eggs every year.
what breeds does everyone raise?
I have:impeyan,swinhoe,eliots,lewis silver,mikado,blue eared,brown eared,black ringneck,amherst,grey peacock and palawan peacock.
I am looking for a palawan male and a grey hen.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
Hey Tony...
I have Elliots (which I think is my fav..he's so friendly) Silver, Impeyans, Blue eared, red golden, yellow golden,Lady Amherst,Black, Buff, Chinese ringneck, Manchurian ringneck. I have5 prs of ringnecks.
I'm in need of black hen,blue eared hen and an Elliot hen.

Congrats on those nice eggs! Ticks, I agree, I love Charlie's pheasant run. I'm modeling mine after his too.
smile.png

Here in Missouri, the weather has been up and down, but a few species have been laying. The Elliot's started two weeks ago along with Silver & Swinhoe, the Edward's produced a clutch in January during a "up" week, and the Lineated Kalij started three days ago. When are expecting another down-turn this weekend (with snow!!), so should slow them down again and delay the later layers.

Dan

Are pheasant eggs about bantam chicken size? I'm trying to figure out how many I could fit in my turner.

Quote:
It would depend on the species. Golden, Amherst, and Common are about the size of bantam egg; larger species such as Silvers, some Kalij, Impeyans, etc are as big as a standard fowl egg.

Dan

Not sure the budget would stretch to a cabinet full of Impeyans
tongue.png
The man that gave me my incubator wants some ringnecks, but i've never hatched pheasants before.

Thanks all on the run and other comments..

Ticks, Last year i sold Over half my flock and some extra cocks to a buddy of mine,
we kept about 13 dark choc colored hens, the cock-bird(Mr Wizard)I Kept is a blueback cross form a few seasons earlier i think he is about 3 years old.

The ones i sold were all standard colored hens and 3 melanstic cross cockbirds, each had a different color to them.

The reason i sold half of them is I'm going to add some fresh young ones in this season..

will probably have some free test eggs up for grabs for the cost of s/h,

i have some pre-orders to fill mid April,

so i will have some freebie's of these as I'm not ready to hatch any for myself just yet..

My buddy said i can have his eggs to if i want them, he just wanted to have some pheasants to look at in his flight pen. i told him to eat the eggs or make pickled or deviled eggs with them.

i wont need his if my girls pop out 13 eggs a day wich i know they will they are all about 2 years old and freshly wormed, that will be plenty for me to fill small orders and still hatch for my self.

Charlie

Last edited:
Sounds like everything is going good Charlie! If you ever need a tester just holler....I'm usually game lol
tongue.png

Any other gamebird projects on the Hinkle Homestead?
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom