It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
I had to taste it. You’re right Rene, homemade broth is so much better and today I wasn’t in a hurry. I used 12 cups of water and a Tbsp of salt and it cooked down enough to be just right. There were six breast cutlets in the pot, three stayed in the soup and the rest are for the kid to make some chicken thing for her lunch at work.

I had to taste it. You’re right Rene, homemade broth is so much better and today I wasn’t in a hurry. I used 12 cups of water and a Tbsp of salt and it cooked down enough to be just right. There were six breast cutlets in the pot, three stayed in the soup and the rest are for the kid to make some chicken thing for her lunch at work.
I really need to try this! 😊

Sorry, I posted the wrong tortellini soup. Here is the right one. Slightly more difficult, but it's just adding spices, and the deliciousness is worth it...

• 2 TBS chopped garlic (at least six cloves of garlic)
  • 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 TBS Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 2 cubes Knorr vegetable bullion
  • 4 c. water
  • 19 oz pkg tortellini
  • 8 oz pkg fresh spinach
Directions

1. In a large pot, heat oil. Add garlic and saute until softened. Add Italian seasoning and garlic salt and stir for about a minute. Add the four cups of water and the bullion. Stir until bullion dissolves and water begins to boil. Add tortellini and turn down to a simmer or 10 minutes. Turn off heat and add the bag of spinach. Stir in until just wilted.

I measured ingredients for the soup today so here’s an actual recipe. Some people strain the broth and serve the matzo balls in it but I keep all that good stuff in there

Matzo Ball Soup
12 cups water
6 chicken breast cutlets
1 Tbsp salt, I used pink Himalayan
3 or 4 bay leaves
6 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
1 onion, quartered, don’t remove the brown skin
3 carrots, sliced
3 stalks celery, chopped
Matzo meal

Mix matzo ball dough according to package instructions and refrigerate. The dough has to be cold to make the balls later. Add water through onion to stock pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is almost cooked through; add the carrots and celery and simmer a while longer. Use tongs to remove breast cutlets to a plate and pick out the onion skin, return pot to heat and bring to a boil. Make matzo balls and add to the pot all at once, cover and cook about 30-40 minutes. While the matzo balls cook break up 2 or 3 cutlets into chunks and add back to the pot for the last five minutes of cook time to heat through.

I measured ingredients for the soup today so here’s an actual recipe. Some people strain the broth and serve the matzo balls in it but I keep all that good stuff in there

Matzo Ball Soup
12 cups water
6 chicken breast cutlets
1 Tbsp salt, I used pink Himalayan
3 or 4 bay leaves
6 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
1 onion, quartered, don’t remove the brown skin
3 carrots, sliced
3 stalks celery, chopped
Matzo meal

Mix matzo ball dough according to package instructions and refrigerate. The dough has to be cold to make the balls later. Add water through onion to stock pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is almost cooked through; add the carrots and celery and simmer a while longer. Use tongs to remove breast cutlets to a plate and pick out the onion skin, return pot to heat and bring to a boil. Make matzo balls and add to the pot all at once, cover and cook about 30-40 minutes. While the matzo balls cook break up 2 or 3 cutlets into chunks and add back to the pot for the last five minutes of cook time to heat through.
Mmm, sounds like a good recipe. I've never had matzo balls before... What do they taste like?

Back
Top Bottom