It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
I have cast iron cupcake pan I use for meatloaf
I add chohula or jalapeno 2 eggs also will use Heinz 57 not ketchup, bread crumbs to bind the meat more
my meat will be 50 x 50 beef and sausage

Mini Meat Loaves

Cooking meat loaf in single-serving portions cuts cooking time in half and keeps the meat juicy. The tangy ketchup and mustard glaze helps these loaves brown nicely, too.

1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 pound ground sirloin or ground turkey
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400°.

Combine ketchup and mustard, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 2 1/2 tablespoons ketchup mixture. Combine remaining ketchup mixture, beef, and next 6 ingredients (beef through egg) in a large bowl, stirring to combine.

Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 4 x 2 1/2-inch loaf; place loaves on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.

Spread about 2 teaspoons reserved ketchup mixture evenly over each loaf. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until done.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 loaf) View attachment 2383824
Thanks!
Are those tiny brussel sprouts?? I love those!

This feeds us for 4 or 5 days.
I will cook a beef pot roast with potatoes, onions and gravy. Side of corn.
Day 2 leftovers
Day 3 SOUP, I Shred meat add water diced tomato, more onion, corn, either rice or pasta, package brown gravy mix.
Day 4 leftover soup. Sometimes I add cabbage or mixed veggies.
Day 5 we're sick of leftovers so the chickens get the rest
I didn't know chickens could eat seasoned food. Sounds like I'll have less food waste now.

I didn't know chickens could eat seasoned food. Sounds like I'll have less food waste now.
I feed mine most all my leftovers. I dont use a lot of salt and they eat almost everything including meats. They love spaghetti, most all pasta (I try to limit-its fattening) most all veggies. Most everything i cook is fresh or frozen, very little canned stuff, maybe green beans and corn. They love butter beans, black eye peas and cabbage.

My meatloaf recipe:

1 to 2lbs meatloaf depending on who your feeding
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1/2 c to 1 c unseasoned breadcrumbs
1 egg
5 cloves of garlic crushed
1/2 c to 1 c Open Pit Barbeque sauce
1 can of tomatoes

Mix all ingredients except Bbq sauce in a large bowl. Form into a loaf on a sheet pan. Drizzle/glaze BBq sauce on top. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until cooked through. Allow to cool before cutting into it

I can be quite creative on meatloaf or burgers.. Have allot of help for like meatballs.. What they both say is because I change things often keeps it interseting
Ive had to perfect meatloaf over the years. My moms recipe just tasted like straight ketchup. Another recipe I tried was just so boring I had to add ketchup. This one is the only one Ive ever made that was successful. The open pit adds a vinegary tang to it and because its just a glaze it is not over powering. I'd like to try it with Chiavettas though. Unfortunately they dont sell it around here and I hate buying online. Open pit is very similar in flavor though

Back
Top Bottom