It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
It's pretty easy.
My broth i usually just boil some wing tips & thighs until the thigh meat is done. Throw the skin & bones back in. Add whatever veggies you have. My go to carrots, celery, garlic, bok choy, spinach, peppers, onion or whatever I have left over or laying around. Add some sea salt, pepper, paprika

The noodles are easy.
2-2 1/2 cups ap flour in a bowl.
A sprinkling of salt
About 3 eggs. One egg at a time I use a fork to mix it in.
Roll it out and either cut in dumpling or long spaghetti noodles.
I usually spread them on a sheet pan & let them dry in a warmed oven. Just dried to a plyable state.

Strain the broth, add meat, & noodles cover & cook on low until the noodles are to your desired softness. I eat some to test them the whole time I'm cooking. Haha
Thank you! I will get this posted to the database!

Good evening everyone! I was in the mood for soup today, so I decided to make a Bacon Cheeseburger Soup - Low Carb! I've tried several recipes in the past and have never been completely happy with them. So the following is what I came up with and it's husband approved! :)

Bacon Cheeseburger Soup – Low Carb
Ingredients:
1 lb. Hamburger (broken into bite sized chunks & browned with garlic salt & fresh ground black pepper)

8 slices Bacon (cut into ½” pieces and fried crispy but not too dry)

¼ cup Chopped Onion & 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic (sautéed in bacon grease)

2 cups Bone Broth (beef or chicken)

12oz. Riced Cauliflower - cooked

1 can Chopped Tomatoes with Green Chile's

1 cup Heavy Cream

2 cups Shredded Cheese (whatever is your favorite, I used 1c sharp white & 1 cup cheddar/Jack)

Salt and Pepper to taste!

Instructions:
Cook hamburger, set aside.

Cook bacon, set aside.

Place Bone broth in 3 qt. Sauce pan

Cook riced cauliflower. Sautee onion & garlic. Add to Bone broth along with tomatoes. Puree in pan with an Emersion Blender or pour into a regular blender.

Place back on stove over medium heat! Add hamburger. Add cream and slowly add your cheese! Salt & pepper to taste!

Pour into bowls, top with bacon and serve!

You could add the bacon in with the hamburger…I decided to add it as a garnish as that allowed it to remain crispier!

I love soup!! This is an awesome thread 😊 I just made this a couple weeks ago-blended it until there were no "suspicious" veggie chunks for my three year old (who still wouldn't eat it, ugh). I'm just going by memory, but I think I've got it. I'm no chef, but I was really happy with it. This made a big batch!

Cheesy Potato Veggie Soup

4 medium potatoes chopped into chunks
1 head of cauliflower (chopped to same size as potatoes)
5ish full sized carrots (chopped to same size)
2-3 celery ribs (diced)
1 large onion (diced)
1 T or so of minced garlic
6-8 cups chicken or veggie broth (I did about 6 cups of broth but ended up adding some water because of all the veggies)
Enough butter to saute the celery and onions
1 bar cream cheese (set out when you start prep so it's soft by the time you add it)
1-ish cup shredded cheddar
Salt and pepper

Saute onions, celery and garlic in a giant pot
Toss in the rest of the veggies, and the broth, cover and simmer until veggies are soft
Turn off heat and let cool for a bit
Throw in the blender in batches (or if you have an immersion blender just do it in the pot) until desired consistency
Turn heat back on low, add cream cheese, then shredded cheese in small batches, stirring thoroughly in-between batches
Salt and pepper to taste 😋

Back
Top Bottom