It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
hello all,
I have a soup recipe to share:
this is my favorite soup recipe, it is completely divine! if we had bacon I'd put that in as well but we never do :(. one of my favorite things about this recipe is that when we make it it is 100% made with things we grew!
potato leek soup
Ing.:
4 handfuls cubed potatoes

1 handful ripped kale
2 shafts of leeks
2 cups half&half
5 tbs butter
4 ts parsly
2 ts salt (or to taste)
directions:

boil potatoes for a little extra long. strain out half of the water. chop and add the leeks, parsly, and kale.
boil for a sec. longer. add salt and butter. take off heat. mash. then I like too add the creamy milk when it is not boiling, so that it is still raw, altho maybe most of you don't have accsress to raw milk. stir it up nice and serve. yum yum yum!View attachment 2406869
View attachment 2406870
I love having a photo of the meal. Looks delish. Thanks

Made kimchi about 10 days ago, normally we let it set for about a month. But since I’m making Teriyaki chicken it’s so good together
AEFF9C90-82E9-47D9-8103-467481BDC5E3.jpeg
and possibly rice.

Made kimchi about 10 days ago, normally we let it set for about a month. But since I’m making Teriyaki chicken it’s so good together View attachment 2411612and possibly rice.
That looks so good!
Today I made the White Cheddar Kielbasa soup. It was really good.
One thing to note is the celery didn’t really work with the softer ingredients because of it’s texture. I would probably substitute with more carrots.

Finally — it’s cold enough to get out the soup pot. Also valley trout season, so I’ve got a tomato and trout soup base simmering for a cheap n’ easy cioppino (fish stew). You usually see cioppino in restaurants with dungeness crab claws and sea scallops — and pay the price accordingly. So please forgive the shortcuts, but we’re not on a $13-per-pound crab and scallops budget around here. :oops: Also you may find you want to add more of this or that— go ahead and tweak it! That’s what cioppino was for us growing up: whatever was caught or on sale went in the pot. Though back then it was just “Grandmere’s fish stew” because the little ones couldn’t always say “cioppino”. 🥰 Really this is just good memories in a bowl for me.

Cioppino

Soup base
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tablespoon (olive or veg) oil
3 cans stewed tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1 cup water
1 cube chicken or veg bouillon
2 celery stalks cut in small slices
1 skinless fish fillet

Add-ins (what do you like?)
1 skinless fish fillet
1/2 pound shelled, deveined raw shrimp
1/2 pound bay scallops
1/2 pound small clams in shell
And/Or
1/2 pound mussels in shell

Equipment
Soup pot
Soup Stirring spoon
Sharp knife for cutting celery and fish

Directions
  1. Sauté the garlic in oil for 2 minutes to release the garlic flavor.
  2. Add tomatoes, water, bay leaves, celery, bouillon, and 1 fish fillet
  3. Simmer on medium low heat for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. (The fish will “disappear” into the soup.)
  4. While the soup is simmering, cut the second fish fillet into large chunks and rinse the clams/mussels.
  5. After the soup base is done, turn up the heat to medium.
  6. When the liquid starts bubbling, add the cut fish, scallops, and clams/mussels.
  7. When the clams open, add the shrimp.
  8. Cook until the shrimp are pink.
  9. Serve nice and hot

CF7DA835-B768-4927-BAAC-012F322F88C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally — it’s cold enough to get out the soup pot. Also valley trout season, so I’ve got a tomato and trout soup base simmering for a cheap n’ easy cioppino (fish stew). You usually see cioppino in restaurants with dungeness crab claws and sea scallops — and pay the price accordingly. So please forgive the shortcuts, but we’re not on a $13-per-pound crab and scallops budget around here. :oops: Also you may find you want to add more of this or that— go ahead and tweak it! That’s what cioppino was for us growing up: whatever was caught or on sale went in the pot. Though back then it was just “Grandmere’s fish stew” because the little ones couldn’t always say “cioppino”. 🥰 Really this is just good memories in a bowl for me.

Cioppino

Soup base
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tablespoon (olive or veg) oil
3 cans stewed tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1 cup water
1 cube chicken or veg bouillon
2 celery stalks cut in small slices
1 skinless fish fillet

Add-ins (what do you like?)
1 skinless fish fillet
1/2 pound shelled, deveined raw shrimp
1/2 pound bay scallops
1/2 pound small clams in shell
And/Or
1/2 pound mussels in shell

Equipment
Soup pot
Soup Stirring spoon
Sharp knife for cutting celery and fish

Directions
  1. Sauté the garlic in oil for 2 minutes to release the garlic flavor.
  2. Add tomatoes, water, bay leaves, celery, bouillon, and 1 fish fillet
  3. Simmer on medium low heat for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. (The fish will “disappear” into the soup.)
  4. While the soup is simmering, cut the second fish fillet into large chunks and rinse the clams/mussels.
  5. After the soup base is done, turn up the heat to medium.
  6. When the liquid starts bubbling, add the cut fish, scallops, and clams/mussels.
  7. When the clams open, add the shrimp.
  8. Cook until the shrimp are pink.
  9. Serve nice and hot

View attachment 2411682
This looks amazing...I've never made a fish stew! Thank you for sharing! 💞

Back
Top Bottom