It's The Final (Chick!) Countdown!

Had to share my excitement with those that would get it, our chicks arrive today or tomorrow! I ordered 6 from My Pet Chicken. Spoke with a wonderful lady yesterday and they have hatched and shipped successfully! Brooder is ready, now we wait. I hope they all make it!!!

Can I play too? My very first chicks are coming next week! I ordered four from My Pet Chicken. I can't wait to see your chick pictures to tide me over until mine get here - hope all of yours arrive safely!

Of course! Congratulations! I do too! I hope yours arrive safe too! Update us when they get here, please?
1f609.png

-Liv

Had to share my excitement with those that would get it, our chicks arrive today or tomorrow! I ordered 6 from My Pet Chicken. Spoke with a wonderful lady yesterday and they have hatched and shipped successfully! Brooder is ready, now we wait. I hope they all make it!!!

Ooh!!! What kind did you get?! I can't wait to see the pictures! I'm not mail ordering chicks this year but I did a couple years ago and I remember the excitement and anticipation of the babies!!! I hope all of your guy's babies do well and get here quickly!

Ohh my goodness, what a day! Got a call from the post office this morning to come pick up our chicks. We got there and were given two identical boxes, each with 6 chicks! We only ordered 6! I have heard of getting a few extra chicks, not 6! They are ADORABLE,and all seem active and healthy :) But of course I'm panicked because our coop is not big enough for 12 more! Not once did I look at the label on the bottom box.
1f623.png

So we get them home into the brooder, and I headed to work. When I got off tonight I had multiple messages from the post office that the other box was for another customer and I needed to bring it back. I called and told them to call the lady and give her my info and I would get her chicks to her. Well she sent me a text and said she's not comfortable taking them from me, and they are particular about the care of their chicks. I assured her they were under lights with food and water and doing great, but she doesn't want them. I feel terrible! And I was very particular about what I ordered, all girls too. Should I keep encouraging her to take them, sell them, or figure it out?

Ohh my goodness, what a day! Got a call from the post office this morning to come pick up our chicks. We got there and were given two identical boxes, each with 6 chicks! We only ordered 6! I have heard of getting a few extra chicks, not 6! They are ADORABLE,and all seem active and healthy :) But of course I'm panicked because our coop is not big enough for 12 more! Not once did I look at the label on the bottom box.
1f623.png

So we get them home into the brooder, and I headed to work. When I got off tonight I had multiple messages from the post office that the other box was for another customer and I needed to bring it back. I called and told them to call the lady and give her my info and I would get her chicks to her. Well she sent me a text and said she's not comfortable taking them from me, and they are particular about the care of their chicks. I assured her they were under lights with food and water and doing great, but she doesn't want them. I feel terrible! And I was very particular about what I ordered, all girls too. Should I keep encouraging her to take them, sell them, or figure it out?

Here are precious pics!!!
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

1f623.png

It was an honest mistake on your part... and can understand why she is upset... on top of that is the biosecurity risks (not that I'm saying your birds have anything, please don't take this wrong)...

I'd contact @MyPetChicken immediately and ask them...

1f623.png

Oh my! What a strange coincidence, somebody ordering the same number of chicks in your same area! :hugs I hope you get everything worked out! On a happier note, my chicks ship today!
1f603.png

-Liv

Back
Top Bottom