It's time for me to admit I have a problem...

Isn't he a foundling too? It's the foundlings that are the best and have the most attitude.

Yup! He just wandered onto the farm here one day back in October 2021, dirty, scruffy, and matted with burrs. Hard to believe from the pictures I post now, but it took me days of coaxing him before he would even approach me. 🤭

1704654137174.png

Yup! He just wandered onto the farm here one day back in October 2021, dirty, scruffy, and matted with burrs. Hard to believe from the pictures I post now, but it took me days of coaxing him before he would even approach me. 🤭

View attachment 3721261
I wonder how he got there, I'm glad you have him now.

I wonder how he got there, I'm glad you have him now.

I do as well. I was never able to find out. I had him checked out at the country shelter for a microchip and had them take down his description in case someone called looking for him, and I spent months scouring lost pet ads for anyone missing a cat like him when he first showed up. That was about a month after my previous cat, Keiko, had passed away suddenly and I wanted to be sure that I was not causing someone else that kind of pain if he had just slipped out and gotten lost or something, but no one ever came forward. It's unfortunately pretty common for people to dump cats near the barns in this area because for some reason there's a mindset around here that any cat, even one that's never been outside before, can integrate into an established population of barn cats and survive on their own just fine. For most dump cases, this sadly does not seem to hold true. 🙁 But thankfully I was at least able to get Casper inside where he's safe and comfortable before anything happened to him. 🥰

That's very strange! He certainly doesn't look like your typical barn cat mix.

I suspect he was dumped here rather than born here as mentioned above, but we'll probably never know. 😕

I do as well. I was never able to find out. I had him checked out at the country shelter for a microchip and had them take down his description in case someone called looking for him, and I spent months scouring lost pet ads for anyone missing a cat like him when he first showed up. That was about a month after my previous cat, Keiko, had passed away suddenly and I wanted to be sure that I was not causing someone else that kind of pain if he had just slipped out and gotten lost or something, but no one ever came forward. It's unfortunately pretty common for people to dump cats near the barns in this area because for some reason there's a mindset around here that any cat, even one that's never been outside before, can integrate into an established population of barn cats and survive on their own just fine. For most dump cases, this sadly does not seem to hold true. 🙁 But thankfully I was at least able to get Casper inside where he's safe and comfortable before anything happened to him. 🥰

I suspect he was dumped here rather than born here as mentioned above, but we'll probably never know. 😕
One thing is for sure: he was never meant to be an outdoor cat. Look at his face! It speaks of velvet cushions, 24/7 heating, and 4 square meals a day!

Then again, my family has a German Shepherd that we believe was dumped. He found us with multiple tick borne diseases, and had no clue how to play, and no social skills. He was found on New Years Day of 2021 and was a year old.

Back
Top Bottom