It's time to play...."Guess That Duck"!!!

Will a runner duck trip on his back and act like a turtle with legs flying in the air but not being able to turn over? Because he did that today
lau.gif

Quote:
You're right, I should! They had a goat tied up to a post, peacocks in a small cage, chickens which looked awful, and i think rabbits but I didn't even ask to see the rabbits. I couldn't imagine what condition they were in! I'll call Animal Control on Monday.

Good for you, poor things and in the weather we're having all over this country, I hope their still alive by Monday.

People like that need to be put in the same conditions and be made to live like that....

Poor little guy! He looks like a Penciled Runner to me. The fluff on the back of his head is just baby fluff that hasn't fell off yet. Good luck nursing him back to health!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I lock my 4 juvenile scovies and 7 adult Calls in a fenced, covered area at night. Then during the day I let them out to free-range. I kept the new guy in the fenced area all day yesterday to get stronger and familiar with his new surroundings. They all spent the night together and he did fine but anytime I try to let him out with the others they are mean to him. I know that it's probably just establishing the pecking order but it looks like the juvenile scovies are trying to tear him limb from limb! He's locked up for the day today
sad.png
He's got plenty of room, a little house, food, and a clean baby pool all to himself but he's still all alone. Any advice?

Quote:
It's just part of the code to be picked on, but being he's had such a rough start I would not put him with them all at once, do you have one thats calm and could maybe buddy him up with it? That way he's not alone and can give him time to let the others adjust. Can they all still see him? thats important, then when you can be out with him and the others start letting it out with them for awhile, even though our lone duckling was born here we had to bring it in because mama rejected it, and we have had to gradually let everyone [adults] get use to it. It can be trying but they could do it serious harm. maybe try feeding them all some treats too when you let them all out together so their minds aren't so much on the newbie but on getting to the treat.

Quote:
It's just part of the code to be picked on, but being he's had such a rough start I would not put him with them all at once, do you have one thats calm and could maybe buddy him up with it? That way he's not alone and can give him time to let the others adjust. Can they all still see him? thats important, then when you can be out with him and the others start letting it out with them for awhile, even though our lone duckling was born here we had to bring it in because mama rejected it, and we have had to gradually let everyone [adults] get use to it. It can be trying but they could do it serious harm. maybe try feeding them all some treats too when you let them all out together so their minds aren't so much on the newbie but on getting to the treat.

Yes he is in a fenced area where the others can see him and visa-versa. Thats a good idea, I will see if one of the ducks will buddy up with him. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom