I've been thieved!

Doctim

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
North of Dallas, Texas
Yesterday my breeder pens were attacked by a two legged predator. My wife is building us a new home right next to our current home/office living arrangement. While I was in town yesterday someone helped themselves to a breeder pair of Greenfire Farms Cornation Sussex and a trio of my Salmon Faverolles. I am also missing a few free ranged OEGB roosters that were suprisingly tame. I'm wasn't here at the time but there was a 10+ man framing crew that was here and were working about 100' feet from the gate to the chicken area in the orchard.

When I asked about it, no one saw anything?!? The birds were there yesterday morning... not there when I fed yesterday evening. Top to the tractor was latched open and the sussex coop had been latched shut. No signs of struggle or evidence of other predators.

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that one of my framers must be a chicken guy!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Tim

Last edited:
Maybe suggest just loud enough for most or a few of them to hear it that the surveillance cameras next door may have caught the perpetrator and that you will be taking the film to the police? I'm very sorry...

I' fire the whole crew. Covering for the thief makes them all guilty

And buy a padlock for every pen. At least if its cut the police have to admit the perp was human

Wow....first I am very sorry for your loss. You have a lot of control. I would have probably gotten myself in trouble over that one. At the very least I would have fired them on the spot!! I'm sure you are paying them a whole lot of money to build your house and 'giving' them chickens was not part of the contract. Did you speak to the forman or your contractor? I doubt he/she would want to lose the job because someone stole your chickens....I'm so sorry for your loss......

Honestly, when we and our neighbors had our roofs done, that's one thing I worried about..Waking up and not having our ladies here..But, I think also the dog's a good deterant...

I did speak with the foreman. This guy has built 40-50 houses for my wife over the last 5 years so we have a pretty good relationship with him. He'll find out who did it and fire him. He'll try to get me something back but it is unlikely. He doesn't want a thief working for him either.

However it works out the birds are still gone. I just hope they end up in a good place.

Tim

Just wanted to say that I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am hoping that the foreman comes through and there is a happy ending for you.

I would print out the web-page from the breeder and show the foreman how much you actually lost. He may be under the impression that you just lost some chickens. I have looked at the web-site for Greenfire Farms just recently. Wow! I am in the wrong buisiness!
Greenfire Farms is not selling "just Chickens".
ep.gif

I'm sure that the thiefs co-workers are under the impression that they were "just chickens", also and that it is a good joke.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom