I've got a baby!!!!!YAY!!! <<<MORE Pics Added!!!! Go To post #21>>>

Quote:
Not exactly....
hmm.png
my flock has been free ranging together for the past month so the little black ones could be either pure Japanese Bantam, Jap/Phoenix, Jap/Silkie, Silkie/Phoenix, or even pure Silkie, lol, time will tell!! Haven't gotten a chance to really look at them yet, besides snap a few pics. I didn't want to stress mama out too much.

Well curiosity got the best of me and I just had to get a closer look of the babies. So I went and checked. Mama was really calm and didn't fret to much so I got to pick the babies up and "candled" (flashlighted is more like it, but it works) the rest of the eggs all of which look good by the way and should hatch any day now, 13 chicks if all goes well!

So this is what I saw. 2 pure Japanese Bantams, one black Silkie, and guess what the "Phoenix" chick is? Another Hiro, Silkie/Phoenix X!!!!
barnie.gif

I don't know about that Phoenix roo of mine!! I know this chick came from a Phoenix egg so this time it's mother is Phoenix and it's father is a Silkie! What the heck! Well I guess I am going to have to breed my Silkied Phoenix, because obviously I can't ever get a pure Phoenix!!! They are wicked cute anyway.

Well now I'm to 7!! 5 little black ones and 2 Phoenix colored ones. Both the Phoenix are crossed with Silkies.
hmm.png
They both have the silkie feet and one has a blue comb like Hiro and the other one a yellow comb. Weill be interesting. One looks like a pure Silkie and a few look like pure Japanese. I thought I had 2 pure Silkies but after further inspection I can clearly see a single comb.
Mom seems to be staying with the rest of the eggs and a could feel the chicks moving in the eggs and hear them pecking and chirping. When these 2 new babies dry off I'll go out and take pics. The little Japanese are so tiny!! And they are all so cute!

Back
Top Bottom