Maine
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
The babies are hatching!!!
jumpy.gif
The babies are hatching!!!
jumpy.gif
Checked on mama Phoenix this morning and she had a little, tiny, perfect black chick under her (Japanese Bantam?? or Jap X) and more eggs were pipping!!!
jumpy.gif
Yay!!!! She has a mix of Silkie, Phoenix and Japanese Bantam eggs under her, so can't wait to see what I end up with!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
I'm so excited.

After so much trouble with broodies this year, hopefully this will be a great hatch. Did I mention I'm so excited????
big_smile.png

Pictures to follow soon!!!!
UPDATE:
Now we're up to 4! 3 black ones and one Phoenix!!!!
100_2613.jpg

The four babies....yes I was a naughty and took mama out for a few seconds. She was not impressed. Looks like there is one Phoenix egg left and the rest are all either Silkies or Japs. These chicks are sooo tiny!!
100_2611.jpg

Mama with the little Phoenix sticking it's head out. Mama was the roos favorite, so that's why the feather loss
roll.png
. See how poofed up she is? The risks I take to get pics.
tongue.png

100_2615.jpg

Another one of mama. It's hard to see, as they blend in, but there are 2 little black chicks in front and a Phoenix under mamas chin.
Enjoy. I'll probably add more picks probably tomorrow. Picked her some fresh raspberries and honeysuckle berries. She's an awesome mom!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I just love new babies! I never get tired of it, no matter how many times I have hatched.

Good luck and post pics!

I can't wait until some of my chickens go broody! (They're nowhere near old enough now- it won't happen until next year).

Congradulations and post pics as soon as you can! I love to see the mama hen with her babies!

Back
Top Bottom