I've got a craving- Chicken Pot Pie anyone?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Leah and peeps, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Leah and peeps

Leah and peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    Hi Everybody,

So does anyone have some chicken pot pie recipes to share? ..yumm.. i love chicken pot pie [​IMG] lol
  2. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
  3. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I just made this & it turned out dee-lish : 9

Totally a Cheat, full of shortcuts, but it tastes homemade.

Remove meat from one rotisserie chicken & break into bite-sized pieces

Saute in olive oil a chopped onion with some thinly sliced celery until both are transparent

Add some thinly sliced baby carrots & saute until carrots are tender - about 5min

Season with salt, pepper & some thyme

Pour into a casserole dish & mix in the chicken & 1 can Cream of Chicken soup - undiluted
    Mix in some frozen peas or any other vegetable you like

Top with thawed phyllo dough - I used 1/2 the package thawed overnight in the fridge - brush melted butter between every other (or every 3rd) layer of dough & moisten the edge of your casserole then press the dough to it so it sticks.

Bake at 375 until crust is lightly browned & mixture is bubbling
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  4. mgibbzzz

mgibbzzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Somerset, OH
    I dice chicken breast and cook in olive oil with minced onion, garlic, pepper, thyme and salt to taste in a large pot. Mix in a packet or two of chicken gravy as directed and add it to the pot, along with a can of green beans, peas, corn, diced potates. Heat thru. Put into a greased casserole dish and cover with crest roll dough. Bake it until golden. I do mix it up and will add beef, turkey and venison. Just change the seasoning that you cook the beef and venison.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by