I've got a craving- Chicken Pot Pie anyone?

Leah and peeps

Songster
13 Years
Jun 28, 2009
Canada
Hi Everybody,

So does anyone have some chicken pot pie recipes to share? ..yumm.. i love chicken pot pie
droolin.gif
lol

I just made this & it turned out dee-lish : 9

Totally a Cheat, full of shortcuts, but it tastes homemade.

Remove meat from one rotisserie chicken & break into bite-sized pieces

Saute in olive oil a chopped onion with some thinly sliced celery until both are transparent

Add some thinly sliced baby carrots & saute until carrots are tender - about 5min

Season with salt, pepper & some thyme

Pour into a casserole dish & mix in the chicken & 1 can Cream of Chicken soup - undiluted
Mix in some frozen peas or any other vegetable you like

Top with thawed phyllo dough - I used 1/2 the package thawed overnight in the fridge - brush melted butter between every other (or every 3rd) layer of dough & moisten the edge of your casserole then press the dough to it so it sticks.

Bake at 375 until crust is lightly browned & mixture is bubbling

Last edited:
I dice chicken breast and cook in olive oil with minced onion, garlic, pepper, thyme and salt to taste in a large pot. Mix in a packet or two of chicken gravy as directed and add it to the pot, along with a can of green beans, peas, corn, diced potates. Heat thru. Put into a greased casserole dish and cover with crest roll dough. Bake it until golden. I do mix it up and will add beef, turkey and venison. Just change the seasoning that you cook the beef and venison.

Back
Top Bottom