I've got a Fertile Myrtle!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckyBoys, Mar 16, 2009.

1. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    And she's a buff goose! Holy cow that girl can lay and her hubbie is not too shabby at his job either! 3 eggs from this Little Miss and all are fertile and thriving in the bator! Now if I could only get the rest of them to be so productive! I'm not going to be able to put any more of her eggs in the bator - I'll have gooses coming out my ears - especially since I have to check fertility on at least 6 more pairs (that is just geese) and all the ducks too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. streemers

streemers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    good for you and what beautiful geese.

3. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Congratulations, and you have beautiful Buff Geese! You certainly have a busy little bunch, don't you?! [​IMG]

4. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Beautiful geese! May you have a wonderful hatch! [​IMG]

5. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Thanks guys - finally I have a good layer - I just went out to do the evening feed and guess what? Yup - another goose egg. There has got to be more than one laying now even though they are using the same nest because I just got one yesterday. I guess I will *have to* put this one in the bator as well...gotta make sure *all those Little Missys * are fertile, right? [​IMG]

And I got my Holderread's letter today saying my buffs that were on order from last year will be here in 2-4 weeks! Gooses gooses everywhere....and there will be buffs coming out my ears.

Why can't the dewlaps or mandarins lay like that? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by