I've got a game plan

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickengal505, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Okay as some of you may know I'm currently incubating a split hatch, of unknown stages. So there are the X's and the O's. X's will be hatching within a few days, O's will take about 16 more days. So here's my game plan: Get as many card board egg cartons ass possible, cut the top off. Make little paper towel "cups". Put all my X's into lock down on the fourth. Place all X's into the paper towel cups. Place all my O's in the egg carton. Hand trun O's three times a day. Keep Humidtity up to about 70%, because I'll be opening it to turn the eggs [​IMG]. Let X's hatch. After hatch remove Plastic tray and wire floor and put Egg carton on the bottom of bator. Clean and bleach the floor (as always) And replace floor, tray, and turner. Put O's back in turner. Sound like it might work? [​IMG]

2. zebserema

zebserema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    yeah that will work fine [​IMG]

3. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Sounds like you have precautions to keep the lids shut as much as possible so you should be good [​IMG] Happy Hatching!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by