I've got four hens in one nestbox right now

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't end up with scrambled raw eggs today.
fl.gif

Oh all the nestboxes to pick to cram into, they picked the smallest one.
barnie.gif

When I was out there, Maggie was trying to squeeze in there with the rest of them. I successfully encouraged her to pick another box....unless she changed her mind after I left.
roll.png

funny! mine all use the same nesting box too!
its crazy, i only have 5 chickens and 2 nesting box, well they use one,, they go back and forth but end up with the (favorite one)
o to be a chicken!

mine too...I have 7 girls and 4 nest boxes and I have watched them line up and wait till the other gets out then one gets right in there..? They are all the same? Well at least i thought so...

'S'warmer in there.

Just think about it, would you want to give birth out in the cold? Clever chickens, those. Considerate enough to keep things warm for each other.

We have 9 boxes total with 3 boxes that go largely unused. This morning the other 6 boxes were full with 3 of them being occupied by 2 hens. And, you guessed, there were 3 boxes completely empty. Go figure.

lau.gif
I see this all the time too. 9 girls and 6 beautiful boxes to choose from. But, these silly girls!, they all want to pile into either One North or One South. What is it? Is the view from One North better than One South? I can kind of see the difference for them on those really cold sunny days. One North gets better morning sun through the glass storm door. It also has the better view. But what about those days when it's raining or overcast and there's nothing to make it more attractive than any of the other boxes.

I think you might be onto something there Gristar!
wink.png
It's the only thing I can figure....except, kindly explain why that would be so in the summer time when things are nice and warm?
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom